Man seriously injured when e-cigarette explodes in his mouth (photo)
A Hawaii man who had kicked his cigarette habit and switched to e-cigarettes five years ago may have just found a way to kick that habit as well.
Matt Yamashita, 25, lost four teeth and needed about 40 stitches to put his mouth back together after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth Sunday. (WARNING – PHOTO BELOW IS GRAPHIC AND MAY BE DISTURBING.)
“I just got out my car and I was ready to play basketball, but I just wanted to take a few puffs of vape before I played,” he said. “As soon as I took that first rip, it just blew up in my face.”
“My right hand was burning, it was black,” said Yamashita. “I just heard loud ringing in both my ears and I just saw a flash then I was spitting out blood and I was just in shock.”
Yamashita said he’s feeling thankful to be alive, and still be able to see and taste. He will need surgery to install dental implants later, and said he’s considering a lawsuit.
WNEM News reported that the model Yamashita was using was a CoilART Mage, which had no safety features.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 5, 2017
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)