Man seriously injured when e-cigarette explodes in his mouth (photo)
A Hawaii man who had kicked his cigarette habit and switched to e-cigarettes five years ago may have just found a way to kick that habit as well.
Matt Yamashita, 25, lost four teeth and needed about 40 stitches to put his mouth back together after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth Sunday. (WARNING – PHOTO BELOW IS GRAPHIC AND MAY BE DISTURBING.)
“I just got out my car and I was ready to play basketball, but I just wanted to take a few puffs of vape before I played,” he said. “As soon as I took that first rip, it just blew up in my face.”
“My right hand was burning, it was black,” said Yamashita. “I just heard loud ringing in both my ears and I just saw a flash then I was spitting out blood and I was just in shock.”
Yamashita said he’s feeling thankful to be alive, and still be able to see and taste. He will need surgery to install dental implants later, and said he’s considering a lawsuit.
WNEM News reported that the model Yamashita was using was a CoilART Mage, which had no safety features.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 5, 2017
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- VIDEO: Roseanne fires back at show after character killed off
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)