Man seriously injured when e-cigarette explodes in his mouth (photo)
A Hawaii man who had kicked his cigarette habit and switched to e-cigarettes five years ago may have just found a way to kick that habit as well.
Matt Yamashita, 25, lost four teeth and needed about 40 stitches to put his mouth back together after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth Sunday. (WARNING – PHOTO BELOW IS GRAPHIC AND MAY BE DISTURBING.)
“I just got out my car and I was ready to play basketball, but I just wanted to take a few puffs of vape before I played,” he said. “As soon as I took that first rip, it just blew up in my face.”
“My right hand was burning, it was black,” said Yamashita. “I just heard loud ringing in both my ears and I just saw a flash then I was spitting out blood and I was just in shock.”
Yamashita said he’s feeling thankful to be alive, and still be able to see and taste. He will need surgery to install dental implants later, and said he’s considering a lawsuit.
WNEM News reported that the model Yamashita was using was a CoilART Mage, which had no safety features.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 5, 2017
Trending on DML News
- Trump Tweet: Video of Hillary Clinton: ‘This is classic!’
- REPORT: Injured, starving teen found living in barn was ‘within a week of death’
- VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks Sanders’ resolution, calls it ‘crazy hatred’ against Trump
- BREAKING: Mueller offered Podesta immunity to testify against Manafort, claims Fox News host
- REPORT: Woman robs, murders mom, grandmother and goes on spending spree
- FOOD WARNING: Popular sweet treat recalled amid salmonella scare
- VIDEO: Democrats erupt in ’USA’ chant on House floor
- BREAKING: NFL team to discipline players who protest during national anthem
- REPORT: Video emerges of Melania Trump looking horrified after shaking Putin’s hand
- REPORT: Maxine Waters warns supporters of possible ‘armed protests’ against her