Man seriously injured when e-cigarette explodes in his mouth (photo)
A Hawaii man who had kicked his cigarette habit and switched to e-cigarettes five years ago may have just found a way to kick that habit as well.
Matt Yamashita, 25, lost four teeth and needed about 40 stitches to put his mouth back together after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth Sunday. (WARNING – PHOTO BELOW IS GRAPHIC AND MAY BE DISTURBING.)
“I just got out my car and I was ready to play basketball, but I just wanted to take a few puffs of vape before I played,” he said. “As soon as I took that first rip, it just blew up in my face.”
“My right hand was burning, it was black,” said Yamashita. “I just heard loud ringing in both my ears and I just saw a flash then I was spitting out blood and I was just in shock.”
Yamashita said he’s feeling thankful to be alive, and still be able to see and taste. He will need surgery to install dental implants later, and said he’s considering a lawsuit.
WNEM News reported that the model Yamashita was using was a CoilART Mage, which had no safety features.
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) December 5, 2017
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995