Markets think the Fed will cut rates. Here’s why that matters
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
London (CNN Business) — 1. Easing time: Markets are pretty confident that central banks are about to enter a period of easing up on interest rates.
When the US jobs report came in well below expectations on Friday, stocks moved higher. The reason? It could clear the way for the Federal Reserve to start cutting interest rates.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mark Cabana, rates strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, said rates cuts are now all but assured. “It’s definitely happening,” he said.
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Father-of-three blows up home on day of daughter’s wedding
- REPORT: Liberal paper passed on thinly sourced Kavanaugh story before NYT published it
- REPORT: Kim Jong Un sends invitation to President Trump
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- Man tries to bribe wheelchair-bound woman after sexually assaulting her
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez makes request on Manafort being sent to Rikers Island