Media outlet updates Trump ‘Survivor’ cover following Tillerson exit (video)
Shortly following Tuesday’s announcement by President Donald Trump that he would replace Rex Tillerson as Secretary of State with former CIA Director Mike Pompeo, the New York Post perpetuated a Twitter theme in which they mock the turnover of personnel in the Trump administration.
In a Tuesday tweet, the New York Post again updated its “Survivor” cover with a red “X” over Tillerson’s face, and wrote “Another one bites the dust.”
— New York Post (@nypost) March 13, 2018
The first cover depicting Trump’s White House as the reality television show “Survivor” was published by the Post in July and featured the faces of his top advisers and officials, The Hill reported.
As staffers have left the Trump administration, the Post has tweeted updates of the cover. In the latest version, red X’s cover the faces of former chief strategist Steve Bannon, former chief of staff Reince Priebus, former communications director Anthony Scaramucci and Tillerson.
In a Tuesday morning tweet, Trump announced that CIA director Mike Pompeo will serve as the new Secretary of State.
“He will do a fantastic job!” Trump tweeted. “Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service.”
Mike Pompeo, Director of the CIA, will become our new Secretary of State. He will do a fantastic job! Thank you to Rex Tillerson for his service! Gina Haspel will become the new Director of the CIA, and the first woman so chosen. Congratulations to all!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 13, 2018
Speculation that Tillerson might leave the administration has been swirling for months. The president and Tillerosn have publicly differed in their statements regarding issues concerning North Korea, and the recent poisoning of an ex-Russian spy in the United Kingdom, among others.
Reports emerged last year that Tillerson had referred to Trump as a “moron,” prompting Trump to challenge Tillerson to an IQ test.
— The Hill (@thehill) March 13, 2018
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned