Megan McCain blasts ‘Fire & Fury’ author over book (video)
On Wednesday’s “The View”, co-host Meghan McCain ripped apart author Michael Wolff over the errors and skeevy journalism tactics he employed in his controversial book, “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House.”
In this must-see episode of the daily talk show (watch below), McCain grilled Wolff about his credibility after excerpts of the book were released last week to reveal a number of glaring errors in his reporting. When the writer tried to turn the conversation around, Senator John McCain’s daughter began listing off a number of sources mentioned in the book; including President Trump, New York Times’ Maggie Haberman, and Vogue’s Anna Wintour, who say those conversations never happened.
“This hits a special place for me because my family has been the subject of a book like this,” McCain said, referencing the book Game Change, which was about her father’s presidential campaign in 2008.
“Traditionally, in situations like this, it’s the disgruntled staffers who aren’t loyal to their principal who give interviews like this,” she continued, while listing his many factual errors, such as ages and names.
The conservative host went on to confront Wolff about an off-the-record dinner at his home with former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon and late Fox News CEO Roger Ailes.
“Quite frankly, had you invited me to your house at any point before this book, I would have said, ‘Hell no, of course not.’” McCain said, noting, “I don’t go to journalists’ houses and start dishing about anything private.”
When he confirmed that the dinner conversation was off-the-record, McCain interrupted him to point out: “This is why people hate journalists, by the way; it’s why I don’t believe in the concept of ‘off-the-record,’ this right here.”
Wolff then agreed with her before explaining that he thought all bets were off because Ailes died, and Bannon agreed to being quoted.
A lawyer for President Trump sent a cease-and-desist letter to the book publisher after he claimed excerpts of the book were false, however, a lawyer for the publisher rejected the letter and released the book on Friday, days earlier than originally planned.
Liberals on social media went crazy, slamming McCain for “being rude” to the author, who was a guest on the show.
Awesome interview except Megan McCain says this is why I hate the press well if u don’t like the press get out of the limelight if u or your father can’t handle it #kickmeganoftheview! Please! Can’t stand watching her https://t.co/rSiXZVBvtE
— Ocean4m3 (@Ocean4m32) January 10, 2018
Does anyone know why Megan McCain is allowing Herself to be Subjected to the constant abuse She’s getting on the view today?
Joy is Evil👹😈👺
— tmac21 (@re12e4) January 5, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)