Mexican police capture over 500 illegal immigrants heading to U.S.
Over 500 illegal immigrants were halted by Mexican authorities during their attempts to cross over the U.S.-Mexico border.
According to reports, the immigrants hailed from South and Central American countries and were all caught in the course of six operations.
Yahoo News reports the following:
“Mexico City (AFP) – Mexican authorities detained more than 500 undocumented migrants over the weekend, mostly Central Americans trying to reach the United States, many of them risking their lives, officials said.
Many of the migrants, who were detained in six different operations, were being trafficked by smugglers in unventilated trucks with no food or water.
More than 200 others were found crammed into six “safe houses” used by criminal gangs in the state of Tamaulipas, which borders the United States.
They had paid their traffickers up to $4,000. More than 100 of the migrants in that group were minors.
The detentions come as immigration across the southern US border is at the center of a political firestorm in Washington.”
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s crackdown on security clearances?
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa