Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
A military helicopter carrying two of Mexico’s top officials crashed on Saturday, killing at least 13 people on the ground, including three children.
The officials were surveying damages from a Friday earthquake above a small town in the southern state of Oaxaca when the crash occurred, according to authorities.
From Reuters: The helicopter, which was carrying Mexico’s interior minister and the state governor, crashed on top of two vans in an open field while trying to land in Santiago Jamiltepec after a tour of damage from a powerful earthquake on Friday, officials said.
The senior officials survived but 12 people at the scene were killed and another died later in a hospital, Oaxaca’s attorney general’s office said in a statement. Fifteen more people were injured.
NEWS Mexican Air Force helicopter crash-landed following a VIP inspection flight of earthquake damage in Oaxaca State, Mexico. Killing 2 on the ground. (16-FEB-2018). @lajornadaonline pic.twitter.com/Uqeg3VenAN
— Air Disasters (@AirCrashMayday) February 17, 2018
13 killed in Mexico copter crash as officials survey quake damage https://t.co/UKV2H805TI
— MSN (@MSN) February 17, 2018
— ✨Esiebo|Joshua✨ (@esiebo_josh) February 17, 2018
— APN NEWS (@apnnewsindia) February 17, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry