Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
A military helicopter carrying two of Mexico’s top officials crashed on Saturday, killing at least 13 people on the ground, including three children.
The officials were surveying damages from a Friday earthquake above a small town in the southern state of Oaxaca when the crash occurred, according to authorities.
From Reuters: The helicopter, which was carrying Mexico’s interior minister and the state governor, crashed on top of two vans in an open field while trying to land in Santiago Jamiltepec after a tour of damage from a powerful earthquake on Friday, officials said.
The senior officials survived but 12 people at the scene were killed and another died later in a hospital, Oaxaca’s attorney general’s office said in a statement. Fifteen more people were injured.
NEWS Mexican Air Force helicopter crash-landed following a VIP inspection flight of earthquake damage in Oaxaca State, Mexico. Killing 2 on the ground. (16-FEB-2018). @lajornadaonline pic.twitter.com/Uqeg3VenAN
— Air Disasters (@AirCrashMayday) February 17, 2018
13 killed in Mexico copter crash as officials survey quake damage https://t.co/UKV2H805TI
— MSN (@MSN) February 17, 2018
— ✨Esiebo|Joshua✨ (@esiebo_josh) February 17, 2018
— APN NEWS (@apnnewsindia) February 17, 2018
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Martin Luther King Jr had 40 affairs and laughed as friend raped woman
- On a Pacific island, a nuclear dome left behind by the US begins to crack
- DML TV
- REPORT: Arizona Gov. backs Trump on Mexico border closure
- BREAKING: Project Veritas releases bombshell undercover videos of Beto O’Rourke campaign
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally