Multiple tips lead police to man planning mass shooting (VIDEO)
Sterling Heights, Mich. – A 20-year-old man who was arrested after police received multiple tips about his threats to shoot up a local mall was charged on Monday. Police said Tyler Tindell had plans to conduct a mass shooting at the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights.
Tindell faces charges of making a false report or threat of terrorism, threatening to do an act of terrorism and communicating that threat to another person.
From WDIV: Deputy Chief Mark Coil, of the Shelby Township Police Department, said the charges came after Tindell was arrested for domestic terrorism.
Coil said police received multiple tips that Tindell was planning to shoot up Lakeside Mall. He sent threatening text messages outlining his plans, police said.
On Friday, police executed a search warrant at his home, where they found a gun.
On Monday, a judge issued Tindell bond with stipulations. Tindall pleaded not guilty. He will be under house arrest.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations