Multiple tips lead police to man planning mass shooting (VIDEO)
Sterling Heights, Mich. – A 20-year-old man who was arrested after police received multiple tips about his threats to shoot up a local mall was charged on Monday. Police said Tyler Tindell had plans to conduct a mass shooting at the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights.
Tindell faces charges of making a false report or threat of terrorism, threatening to do an act of terrorism and communicating that threat to another person.
From WDIV: Deputy Chief Mark Coil, of the Shelby Township Police Department, said the charges came after Tindell was arrested for domestic terrorism.
Coil said police received multiple tips that Tindell was planning to shoot up Lakeside Mall. He sent threatening text messages outlining his plans, police said.
On Friday, police executed a search warrant at his home, where they found a gun.
On Monday, a judge issued Tindell bond with stipulations. Tindall pleaded not guilty. He will be under house arrest.
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- BREAKING: Protestors descend upon DHS Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen’s house, scream at her as she leaves
- REPORT: Jennifer Lopez busted spreading hoax photos about border separations