Multiple tips lead police to man planning mass shooting (VIDEO)
Sterling Heights, Mich. – A 20-year-old man who was arrested after police received multiple tips about his threats to shoot up a local mall was charged on Monday. Police said Tyler Tindell had plans to conduct a mass shooting at the Lakeside Mall in Sterling Heights.
Tindell faces charges of making a false report or threat of terrorism, threatening to do an act of terrorism and communicating that threat to another person.
From WDIV: Deputy Chief Mark Coil, of the Shelby Township Police Department, said the charges came after Tindell was arrested for domestic terrorism.
Coil said police received multiple tips that Tindell was planning to shoot up Lakeside Mall. He sent threatening text messages outlining his plans, police said.
On Friday, police executed a search warrant at his home, where they found a gun.
On Monday, a judge issued Tindell bond with stipulations. Tindall pleaded not guilty. He will be under house arrest.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)