MURDER MYSTERY: American scientist found dead in WWII bunker a week after she vanished in Greece (VIDEO)
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
The death of an American scientist last week while she was on a work trip to Greece was “100 percent” murder, a coroner has told CBS News. Suzanne Eaton’s body was found Monday evening on the island of Crete in an old World War II bunker. Local authorities say that there are currently no suspects, but they believe Eaton was strangled shortly after she went missing on July 2.
Eaton was a black belt in taekwondo and the coroner said he thinks more than one person may have been involved in the crime. The World War II bunker where Greek authorities found Eaton’s body is about six miles from where she was last seen.
The article goes on to state the following:
Investigators, volunteers and family members, spent days scouring rugged terrain in extreme heat for any sign of the 59-year-old, who was last seen playing piano at the hotel where she was attending a conference. Her family believes later that day she went for a run later that day, something she did every day. All her belongings, including her passport, wallet and phone, were still in her room, but her running shoes were not.
“She was found on rough and rocky terrain inside the abandoned bunker about 10km (six miles) away from where she was last seen, according to police in the port city of Chania, where the conference was being held,” BBC reports. “According to Cretalive news website, a forensic autopsy found she had been suffocated but there was no other indication of trauma.”
BBC describes the bunker as “a system of manmade caves used by the Nazis during the occupation of Crete in World War Two.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling