North Korea insults Trump over ‘Fire & Fury’ book
North Korean state media cited the controversial new book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” on Thursday, contending that the popularity of author Michael Wolff’s account predicts the “political demise” of President Donald Trump.
According to The Associated Press, Rodong Sinmum, the newspaper of North Korea’s ruling Worker’s Party, claimed widespread interest in the book “foretells Trump’s political demise.”
“The anti-Trump book is sweeping all over the world so Trump is being massively humiliated worldwide,” said the newspaper said, claiming that its sales reflect “rapidly surging anti-Trump sentiments in the international community.”
More from The Hill:
The book detailing the Trump White House has been a best seller since it was released last week.
Wolff reported that the book sold a million copies in four days.
The book makes a series of explosive claims, including the assertion that Trump’s staff have questioned his mental stability and fitness for office.
Wolff also quotes Trump’s former chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, as saying Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower in 2016 was “treasonous” and that investigators would crack Trump Jr. like “an egg” on national television.
The White House denied the claims made in the book, and has attempted to block the book from being published.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Parents Outraged Over Planned Parenthood’s Pornographic Sex Ed
- REPORT: Melania Trump Poses for pic with Clintons, Obamas and Bush family
- Former NFL star’s gun photo with daughter and date sparks outrage on Twitter (see it)
- REPORT: Bloomberg circumvents Trump, gives millions to fund deal that the president pulled out from
- VIDEO: Judge resigns after berating ill defendant who DIES three days later
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Rudy Giuliani in tweet
- REPORT: Evangelical meeting turns to Trump-bashing
- CLAIM: ‘Real Collusion’ was between McCabe and Obama Justice Department
- VIDEO: Woman fined $500 for free airline snack
- DML TV: Guest to Bill Maher: ‘You need to have respect’ for Trump supporters