North Korea insults Trump over ‘Fire & Fury’ book
North Korean state media cited the controversial new book “Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House” on Thursday, contending that the popularity of author Michael Wolff’s account predicts the “political demise” of President Donald Trump.
According to The Associated Press, Rodong Sinmum, the newspaper of North Korea’s ruling Worker’s Party, claimed widespread interest in the book “foretells Trump’s political demise.”
“The anti-Trump book is sweeping all over the world so Trump is being massively humiliated worldwide,” said the newspaper said, claiming that its sales reflect “rapidly surging anti-Trump sentiments in the international community.”
More from The Hill:
The book detailing the Trump White House has been a best seller since it was released last week.
Wolff reported that the book sold a million copies in four days.
The book makes a series of explosive claims, including the assertion that Trump’s staff have questioned his mental stability and fitness for office.
Wolff also quotes Trump’s former chief strategist, Stephen Bannon, as saying Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer at Trump Tower in 2016 was “treasonous” and that investigators would crack Trump Jr. like “an egg” on national television.
The White House denied the claims made in the book, and has attempted to block the book from being published.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Amazon announces list of 20 cities as finalists for 2nd headquarters
- POLL: Do you approve of Trump issuing the ‘fake news’ awards?
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- NYC residents outraged over De Blasio’s choice of location for homeless shelter (photos)
- Woman assaulted at nightclub goes to hospital and makes horrifying discovery (video)
- Somalian Muslim immigrant cop arrested at concert (video)
- U.S. removes Haiti from low-skilled work visa list
- House Intel Committee releases full transcript of Fusion GPS testimony
- Memo on FISA abuses outrages GOP lawmakers, demand it be released to public (Video)
- Timberlake includes Trump in controversial music video (video)