Nun in legal battle with liberal singer dies in court (VIDEO)
A legal battle between local nuns and Katy Perry over a Los Feliz convent took a tragic turn Friday night when one of the nuns involved in the case died during a court proceeding related to the case.
NPR reports: Sister Catherine Rose Holzman, who had battled Perry and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles, was in court for a post-judgment hearing related to the case when she collapsed. She was 89.
NPR continues: Holzman was interviewed by a local Fox affiliate just hours before her death. Appearing alongside Sister Rita Callanan, the nuns said they were appealing to the Vatican to step in on their behalf. Holzman pleaded with Perry “to please stop” pursuing the purchase.
Fox-11 reports: 89-year-old Sister Catherine Rose Holzman spoke to us just hours earlier in what we now know was her final interview.
Pulling no punches, Sisters Rita Callanan and Holzman of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart spoke out for the first time since an LA County judge ruled against them clearing the way for the LA Archdiocese to sell their Los Feliz convent to singer Katy Perry.
“You have stolen the property of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart. Please, archbishop… Do what is right in your heart,” Callahan pleaded.
The sisters have lived at the 8-acre Los Feliz property since 1973 and say they have documents proving they are the rightful owners.
In the interview, Holzman appealed to Perry.
“And to Katy Perry, please stop. It’s not doing anyone any good except hurting a lot of people,” Holzman said before her tragic death.
“Katy Perry represents everything we don’t believe in,” Holzman said in the interview. “It would be a sin to sell to her.”
Holzman’s last interview may be watched below. If you cannot see it, click HERE.
Also, find below a news clip about the nun’s sudden death.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations