Obama mocks allegations against American lawmakers while in Paris
According to former President Barack Hussein Obama, more women should be in charge due to the rash of sexual misconduct allegations made against public figures, including several U.S. lawmakers, reported Local FR.
In Paris on Saturday Obama spoke at the invitation-only “Les Napoleons” event for an elite group of media leaders, financiers and academics. Obama took a jab at President Donald J. Trump, criticizing the “lack of U.S. leadership in the fight against climate change,” a reference to the president’s decision to pull out of the Paris climate accord.
He also slammed male politicians, saying more women should be put in positions of power “because men seem to be having some problems these days.”
“Not to generalize, but women seem to have a better capacity than men do, partly because of their socialization,” Obama added, according to Flash 24.
In addition to prominent Hollywood figures like mogul Harvey Weinstein and media favorite Matt Lauer, U.S. lawmakers have come under fire for serious allegations of sexual misconduct, including Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), and Rep. Ruben Kihuen (D-Nev.), who all face allegations of sexual misconduct. Raul M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.) also stands accused of paying off a staffer who was set to reveal that the representative was frequently drunk and created a hostile work environment.
Republicans aren’t free and clear, either. GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore is also accused of sexual misconduct, while Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) reportedly used taxpayer funds to reach a settlement in a sexual harassment case in 2015.
In Paris, Obama reassured the assembled guests that the world is “healthier, wealthier and less violent than at any time in human history,” with “only a few things that are irreversible.”
Yet he also said that “deeply embedded inequality” continues to present a danger to society.
“Going forward we need to modernize our economies in a way that is inclusive,” Obama suggested.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr’s fate on ‘The Conners’ revealed in season premiere
- BREAKING: Nevada brothel owner and GOP candidate found DEAD
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton’s Van Crashes Upon Arrival at Dem Fundraiser, GOP adds background music
- DML offers Trump $50k to favorite charity in exchange for a White House interview
- REPORT: Clinton launches Twitter storm against Trump, begs Dem voters to do something
- REPORT: Avenatti and Stormy Daniels tear into Trump for calling her ‘Horseface’
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway’s husband pounces on Trump tweet with response
- EXCLUSIVE: Urgency increases in project pressuring Trump on mandatory E-Verify
- REPORT: Obituary for mom who died of drug overdose goes viral
- REPORT: Why dozens of black senior citizens were ordered off a bus taking them to vote (Photos, Video)