Obama mocks allegations against American lawmakers while in Paris
According to former President Barack Hussein Obama, more women should be in charge due to the rash of sexual misconduct allegations made against public figures, including several U.S. lawmakers, reported Local FR.
In Paris on Saturday Obama spoke at the invitation-only “Les Napoleons” event for an elite group of media leaders, financiers and academics. Obama took a jab at President Donald J. Trump, criticizing the “lack of U.S. leadership in the fight against climate change,” a reference to the president’s decision to pull out of the Paris climate accord.
He also slammed male politicians, saying more women should be put in positions of power “because men seem to be having some problems these days.”
“Not to generalize, but women seem to have a better capacity than men do, partly because of their socialization,” Obama added, according to Flash 24.
In addition to prominent Hollywood figures like mogul Harvey Weinstein and media favorite Matt Lauer, U.S. lawmakers have come under fire for serious allegations of sexual misconduct, including Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.), Rep. John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.), and Rep. Ruben Kihuen (D-Nev.), who all face allegations of sexual misconduct. Raul M. Grijalva (D-Ariz.) also stands accused of paying off a staffer who was set to reveal that the representative was frequently drunk and created a hostile work environment.
Republicans aren’t free and clear, either. GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore is also accused of sexual misconduct, while Rep. Blake Farenthold (R-Texas) reportedly used taxpayer funds to reach a settlement in a sexual harassment case in 2015.
In Paris, Obama reassured the assembled guests that the world is “healthier, wealthier and less violent than at any time in human history,” with “only a few things that are irreversible.”
Yet he also said that “deeply embedded inequality” continues to present a danger to society.
“Going forward we need to modernize our economies in a way that is inclusive,” Obama suggested.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995