Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
On Monday, former President Barack Obama repeated statistics that have been debunked by multiple fact-checkers, and his gaffe went unchecked according to an opinion piece in the Washington Examiner.
Speaking a keynote address at the interventional cardiology conference (CRT 2018) in Washington D.C., Obama repeated the claim that there have been 18 school shootings in 2018.
“If you ask me the thing that broke my heart, particularly when now I see there have been, and I’ve gotta update this, […] 18 shootings in schools this year… this year!” Obama said.
The Examiner piece claims: Despite the fact that it was debunked, it didn’t stop the former president from spreading the lie.
The piece continues: Obama recalled that the political fallout of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., remains the most frustrating and worst parts of his presidency.
“Probably the thing that haunts me the most is the fact that after 20 six-year-olds were gunned down in the most brutal fashion possible, so much so that the police who found them had to get counseling and I had to spend hours with the parents after children they had sent off to school, almost toddlers, did not come home. Despite that, I could not get this Congress to move on anything, even the most modest approaches to reducing gun violence in our society,” Obama explained. “It was the worst day of my presidency. I’ve said it before. And the fact that we didn’t try was shameful. It was embarrassing.”
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism
- VIDEO: Jesse Watters: Trump conducting the media like an orchestra