Obama won’t go away: hosting new global inaugural summit (video)
Former President Barack Obama promised when he left office that he wasn’t going away, and a new video he released Wednesday has confirmed his promise. He is, in fact, just getting started.
In Wednesday’s video announcement, Obama said he will be gathering civic leaders from around the world as he hosts the inaugural Obama Foundation Summit next month in Chicago.
Chicago will also be home to Obama’s presidential library and his presidential center.
“When I left office in January, I asked of you the same thing I asked in 2008. I asked you to believe, not in my ability to bring about change, but in yours,” Obama said.
He stated that he has met with young people around the world to hear directly “from the future leaders we want to cultivate.”
“And what makes me so hopeful, so optimistic, is that so many of you have shown up, dived in and embraced the kind of active citizenship that makes our democracy work,” he said.
This October, Obama said, “we’re bringing together hundreds of leaders from all around the world for a hands-on exchange of ideas.”
“We want to inspire and empower people to change the world, and we hope you’ll be a part of it,” Obama urged when speaking of the Obama Foundation’s mission.
“Head over to Obama.org and join us in shaping our next chapter,” Obama invited.
On their final day in the White House, the Obamas released a video promoting the Obama Foundation and invited people to send in their ideas on how people could work together to continue their mission.
Obama has been increasingly vocal in his criticism of President Donald Trump, who replaced him in the Oval Office earlier this year.
Trending on DML News
- Report: Bannon hearing infuriated lawmakers, turned into free-for-all
- POLL: Do you believe the doctor’s report on Trump’s medical exam?
- BREAKING: Dow Jones Industrial Average closes at record-breaking milestone
- DOJ releases alarming report on foreign-born terrorists and criminals in the U.S.
- Lawmakers call for Clapper to be prosecuted
- Portion of California declares it’s independence from state (video)
- Florida sheriffs make a deal with ICE (video)
- Ex-CIA Officer suspected of being mole for China arrested at JFK
- Trump silences CNN reporter with one word (video)
- Report: Pakistani IT aides hired by 44 House Dems had infiltrated other servers