Obama won’t go away: hosting new global inaugural summit (video)
Former President Barack Obama promised when he left office that he wasn’t going away, and a new video he released Wednesday has confirmed his promise. He is, in fact, just getting started.
In Wednesday’s video announcement, Obama said he will be gathering civic leaders from around the world as he hosts the inaugural Obama Foundation Summit next month in Chicago.
Chicago will also be home to Obama’s presidential library and his presidential center.
“When I left office in January, I asked of you the same thing I asked in 2008. I asked you to believe, not in my ability to bring about change, but in yours,” Obama said.
He stated that he has met with young people around the world to hear directly “from the future leaders we want to cultivate.”
“And what makes me so hopeful, so optimistic, is that so many of you have shown up, dived in and embraced the kind of active citizenship that makes our democracy work,” he said.
This October, Obama said, “we’re bringing together hundreds of leaders from all around the world for a hands-on exchange of ideas.”
“We want to inspire and empower people to change the world, and we hope you’ll be a part of it,” Obama urged when speaking of the Obama Foundation’s mission.
“Head over to Obama.org and join us in shaping our next chapter,” Obama invited.
On their final day in the White House, the Obamas released a video promoting the Obama Foundation and invited people to send in their ideas on how people could work together to continue their mission.
Obama has been increasingly vocal in his criticism of President Donald Trump, who replaced him in the Oval Office earlier this year.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)