Olympics hit with cyber attack
A cyber attack has been confirmed to have hit the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, according to official reports.
The attackers behind the hacking have not been identified, as an investigation is still underway by the Olympic organizers.
NBC reports the following:
“Pyeongchang Winter Olympics organizers confirmed on Sunday that the Games had come under a cyber attack during Friday’s opening ceremony.
The internet and television services were affected by the hack. The organizers wouldn’t reveal the source of the attack, which they said, did not affect critical parts of their operations, Reuters reported.
“Maintaining secure operations is our purpose,” said International Olympic Committee (IOC) spokesman Mark Adams, Reuters reported.
“We are not going to comment on the issue. It is one we are dealing with. We are making sure our systems are secure and they are secure.”
Organizing committee spokeswoman Nancy Park said Friday night that the opening ceremony went as planned despite the suspected attack. “We just had some issue with our internal system,” she said. “
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- REPORT: Caravan migrants becoming sick due to severe conditions (Photos, Videos)
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Only one candidate shows up for debate in hot Senate race
- REPORT: Kanye West pays debt for Chicago mayor candidate