OpEd: Beto embraces Hillary Clinton’s ‘deplorable’ strategy
Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke has taken his 2020 Democratic candidacy in an odd direction. He has embraced two-time failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s strategy of attacking Donald Trump’s supporters personally.
The moment came during an interview this weekend with CNN’s Jake Tapper.
The article goes on to state the following:
“You said to me last week that you thought President Trump was a white nationalist,” the cable host began. “I just wonder, sir. President Trump won your home state of Texas by nine points. Almost 63 million Americans voted for him. Do you think it is racist to vote for President Trump in 2020?”
“I think it is really hard, after everything that we have seen, from his time as a candidate in 2016, to his repeated warnings of invasions, to his repeated calls to send them back, sending back people who are U.S. citizens, sending back people who were born in this country,” O’Rourke replied, “his description of white nationalists and Klansmen and neo-Nazis as very fine people, his warnings of Muslims as being somehow inherently defective or dangerous and attempting to ban them from entry into this country, his transgender troop ban, and his attack on anyone who does not look like or pray like or love like the majority of the country.”
This is a crazy strategy for a would-be presidential nominee to adopt. This sort of anti-Trump, anti-MAGA red meat may excite the Democratic base, but good luck with that message come the general election.
Read the rest of this OpEd at WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]