OpEd: Cuomo unleashes anti-Trump tirade after feds downgrade priority of $30B infrastructure project
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is mad as hell, and he’s not going to take it anymore.
The Democratic governor is furious with President Trump over the federal government’s continued refusal to help finance a $30 billion infrastructure project benefiting Amtrak assets in New York and New Jersey.
The article goes on to state the following:
“You’ve marketed yourself as an astute businessman, so how could you be so blind to the obvious national economic urgency of this project?” Cuomo asks in a letter addressed this week to the president.
He adds, “Enough is enough. Enough political vitriol. Enough political games with Senate Minority Leader Schumer so that you can build your useless wall. For the sake of the entire national economy, it’s time to move beyond the reality TV show theatrics and work with us to build the Gateway Tunnel Project.”
The report also states:
“It’s unconscionable that the sole infrastructure project that your Administration remains focused on is a wall that nobody needs while the economy of the Northeast and the entire nation hands in the balance,” reads the concluding lines to the governor’s letter to Trump.
Read his entire letter below:
The federal government’s Gateway tunnels under the Hudson are deteriorating and in urgent need of repair.
It’s unconscionable that the Trump Administration is focused on a wall that nobody needs while the Northeast and economy of the entire nation hang in the balance. pic.twitter.com/Z6pnjpMLoi
— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 19, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march