OpEd: Fox News host would be better than national security adviser John Bolton
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by Jack Hunter and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
As many rightly worry (except Sen. Tom Cotton) that President Trump is gearing up for war with Iran, with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the president’s national security adviser John Bolton leading the way and licking their chops, a story Wednesday gave some hope that might not be the case.
It seems Trump is also seeking advice from someone who isn’t a stark raving mad neoconservative hawk: Tucker Carlson.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Daily Beast’s Maxwell Tani, Betsy Woodruff, and Asawin Suebsaeng reported Wednesday, “In the upper echelons of the Trump administration, hawkish voices on Iran predominate—most notably Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National Security Adviser John Bolton.”
“But as tensions between the U.S. and Iran have escalated over the last few weeks, there’s been another, far different voice in the president’s ear: that of Fox News host Tucker Carlson,” the trio reported.
“A source familiar with the conversations told The Daily Beast that, in recent weeks, the Fox News host has privately advised Trump against taking military action against Iran,” The Daily Beast noted. “And a senior administration official said that during the president’s recent conversations with the Fox primetime host, Carlson has bashed the more ‘hawkish members’ of his administration.”
Tucker Carlson for National Security Advisor! https://t.co/R9tNJUDWON
— Gene Healy (@GeneHealy) June 19, 2019
To read more from this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘It doesn’t look promising’: Jim Jordan says of impeachment
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Maxine Waters fires back at Ben Carson
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: Mark Levin: Schiff awakened ‘sleeping giant’ with impeachment
- VIDEO: Liberal Democrat lawyer backs Trump after impeachment hearings
- REPORT: Trump administration sends letter to landowners regarding border wall construction
- REPORT: Republican tells Eric Swalwell to ‘shut up’ during impeachment hearing