OpEd: GOP needs to compete with the ‘Green New Deal’ …or lose
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following OpEd written by Eddie Scarry and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Conservatives and Republicans take for granted that the liberal Democrats’ “Green New Deal” is so obviously out of the mainstream that the general public must, must, must see it as a joke.
It’s that kind of thinking that cost Republicans the 2012 election, and the kind that rendered the Bush-Paul Ryan wing of the GOP obsolete in 2016.
The article goes on to state the following:
Internet provocateur Mike Cernovich was right when he said Friday on Twitter that as far as the “Green New Deal,” Republicans can either “find a better idea or lose.”
It’s true that the “Green New Deal” proposal is unworkable and would cripple America’s productivity. Congressional Democratic leadership knows that. But, if there’s no alternative to a proposal that at least on the surface sounds like an attempt to advance the country, why would anyone expect voters to accept the status quo?
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Are you concerned about Trump’s mental stability?
- REPORT: Doctors say new rule will mean sicker immigrants, DML responds
- Growing ‘Garbage Patch’ in ocean is 3 times the size of France (videos)
- REPORT: State To Implement LGBTQ Content In Public Schools’ Curricula
- BREAKING: ICE releases over 1,000 migrants onto streets in Texas and New Mexico this week
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump tells reporters what he thinks about purchasing Greenland