OpEd: Liberals could learn something Kim Kardashian’s White House visit
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Last week, President Trump commuted the prison sentence of Alice Johnson, a first-time nonviolent drug offender who had served 21 years of a life sentence without possibility of parole. Her release was championed by Kim Kardashian West, a reality TV star who was moved to her cause after hearing about it on the internet.
Kardashian West met with Trump at the White House to urge him to release Johnson. A week later he did just that.
Her meeting provoked anger and confusion among Trump’s critics. But what it should have done is showed them the error of their ways: Engaging Trump has rewards. Whining to the universe about him doesn’t.
The article goes on to state the following:
Take the Philadelphia Eagles. After winning the Super Bowl, they were invited to the White House per tradition. Because of the ongoing kneeling controversy, only a small number of players planned to attend. The White House chose to cancel the event. Petty? Sure. But also a missed opportunity. Having the ear of the president is a rare opening, one that could actually bring about the change they seek.
[Trump] seems entirely likely to hear out his opponents if they are respectful and polite toward him. He’s far more persuadable than previous presidents.
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- POLL: Should actor Peter Fonda be arrested for threatening Barron Trump?
- REPORT: Donald Trump Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle take their relationship public (photo)
- Trump Tweet: Will speak to Mexico!
- BREAKING: Supreme Court issues ruling on law enforcement searches of cellphone data
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- BREAKING: Father shares shocking truth about iconic crying migrant girl used in family separation propaganda