OpEd: Obama, not Trump, shattered US credibility over Iran
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Critics claim President Trump’s decision to nix the Iranian nuclear deal dealt a major blow to the United States’ credibility on the world stage. These pundits are confused: it was Obama, not Trump, who shattered America’s credibility with key allies.
President Obama’s failure to enforce his own “red line” in 2013 exacerbated an already volatile regional situation, while the 2015 Iran deal further fed the Islamist state’s militaristic ambitions throughout the greater Middle East. More than 500,000 are dead in Syria, Yemen has become “the world’s worst humanitarian crisis,” and tensions between Israel and Iran are at an all-time high.
The aftermath of this horrible deal has been catastrophic, particularly for our allies, and President Trump is taking a proactive role in rebuilding trust with key regional partners.
The article goes on to state the following:
Talking heads seem to have erased from their memory the damage that Barack Obama caused by entering the United States into this deal. Nearly every major partner of the United States in the Middle East vociferously opposed the deal from the onset. Despite this, Obama wanted to secure a signature achievement to cement his foreign policy legacy.
Panic ensued as it looked all but inevitable that Obama would enter an arrangement with little concern for America’s Middle East allies. Representatives and diplomats from Jerusalem, Riyadh, and Abu Dhabi stormed Capitol Hill and the White House to try to halt the impending deal knowing it would shift the regional power balance toward Tehran.
CLICK HERE to read the full opinion editorial, written by Alex Titus, and published by The Hill.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy
- REPORT: Restaurant where McConnell accosted releases statement
- REPORT: Kanye West pays debt for Chicago mayor candidate
- REPORT: Caravan migrants becoming sick due to severe conditions (Photos, Videos)