OpEd: Overwhelmed southern border now wrecking the legal immigration process
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by Eddie Scarry and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Democrats and even some dim Republicans can say there’s no emergency on the southern border, but that doesn’t lessen the unending flow of migrants showing up and straining our resources. You can’t have an unabated stream of people coming in from Latin America claiming asylum, i.e. legal protection for indefinite stay in the U.S., and at the same time administer all the people who want to come in the proper way.
It’s impossible, and a New York Times report on Tuesday detailed how the Trump administration is drowning in the reality ignored by Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
The paper said that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Lee Cissna told staff this week that operations abroad would close down so that resources could be directed “to handle the lengthy backlog in asylum applications from tens of thousands of migrants crossing the southern border every month.”
This means foreigners wanting to come to the U.S., Americans who want to move family from abroad, and otherwise legitimate asylum claims will no longer be processed in a timely, orderly way, if they are at all.
Immigration Services has been sounding the alarm on the overwhelming number of asylum cases since at least January 2018. The agency said then that it was instituting a policy to deal with the newest asylum cases first and work backward to older ones, a “last in, first out” approach meant to quickly deport illegal immigrants hoping to remain in the country at length.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW to read the remainder of this opinion editorial.
If you’re American and you want to adopt a foreign baby, SORRY! Congress would rather take care of the thousands of Central Americans strolling into the country. https://t.co/51X4YjhfVh
— Eddie Scarry (@eScarry) March 13, 2019
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) March 12, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)