OpEd: Polls predict which Party will benefit from Kavanaugh confirmation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following opinion editorial written by Brad Bannon and published by TheHill.com:
Brett Kavanaugh is on the Supreme Court but the jury is still out on the electoral impact of his bruising battle for confirmation. Republicans are celebrating their victory now but Democrats might be throwing the party on Nov. 6.
An NPR and PBS survey from three days after the testimony of Christine Blasey Ford and Kavanaugh reflect the difficulty in reaching a verdict on the midterms and the danger of using polls as predictions.
NPR’s resulting headlines based on the survey appear to contradict each other, with one asserting “Amid Kavanaugh Confirmation Battle, Democratic Enthusiasm Edge Evaporates,” while the other notes, “More Believe Ford Than Kavanaugh, A Cultural Shift From 1991.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The devil is in the details. A trained professional eye can make sense of data that confuses lay people. Only if you do a deep dive into the data that produce the headlines, is it possible to fit the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together.
The NPR/PBS survey does indicate that voters were more likely to believe Ford (45 percent) than Kavanaugh (33 percent). This represents a sharp spike in Ford’s credibility compared to what it was before the hearings (32 percent).
The credibility gap also indicates that there has been a significant cultural shift since the 1991 Senate hearings over sexual misconduct that culminated in the confirmation of Clarence Thomas to the Supreme Court.
CLICK HERE to read more.
— Brad Bannon (@BradBannon) October 8, 2018
— The Hill (@thehill) October 10, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ producers announce decision on Jussie Smollett following charges
- REPORT: Democrat congress members took $60,000 trip to attend Beyonce concert in South Africa
- VIDEO: Trump has a plan to deal with attempt to block emergency order
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez rips media for reporting on her new luxury high-rise
- VIDEO: State senator calls U.S. flag a ‘rag,’ compares it to Nazi symbol, GOP senator gives emotional response
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: Boy, 4, dies after being impaled in freak household accident
- REPORT: Covington Catholic lawyer ‘looking very carefully’ at Bill Maher over ‘defamatory’ statements (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Singer R. Kelly Charged With Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse