OpEd: Traffickers reap up to $2.3 billion in illegal immigration, offer ‘all-inclusive’ packages
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following opinion editorial written by Paul Bedard and published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Central American crime lords, gangs and small time operators profit up to $2.3 billion moving Illegal immigrants into the United States, and collect even more from road “taxes” used by smugglers, according to a new study of the business President Trump is seeking to shut down.
Migrants, paying $3,000-$10,000 each, can choose “pay as you go” or “all-inclusive” packages that include travel from their home, not just through Mexico, said the report.
The article goes on to state the following:
And smugglers also offer “specialized services” for children, pregnant women, and the elderly “that reduce exposure to risks and do not require extensive physical activity, such as scaling walls or extended hikes through remote terrain,” according to a new Rand Corporation report funded by the Department of Homeland Security.
The report, titled Human Smuggling and Associated Revenues shows what Washington and Mexico City are up against as they work to slow illegal immigration, one of Central America’s most profitable businesses.
Rand put a broad value on trafficking at $200 million to $2.3 billion in 2017. It estimated that over 60% of illegals pay a trafficker to get into the U.S.
CLICK HERE to read more of this article.
Human traffickers reap up to $2.3 billion in illegal immigration biz, offer ‘all-inclusive’ packages and specialized services for kids, pregnant women, elderly says Rand/DHS report. https://t.co/tGICSwkiMZ pic.twitter.com/JljAbvpRzi
— Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in