OpEd: What happened to Elizabeth Warren?
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire — For a brief moment, concerned looks crossed the faces of some Elizabeth Warren supporters gathered for her election night event in a cavernous building near the Manchester airport. There were no TVs visible to most of the crowd, a common feature for a struggling campaign that doesn’t want the audience to see bad news. There was no warmup speaker. At 8:20 p.m., facing a fourth-place finish in New Hampshire after a third-place showing a week ago in Iowa, Warren walked onstage without fanfare.
She began by acknowledging that Bernie Sanders and Pete Buttigieg “had strong nights.” Then, she congratulated Amy Klobuchar for her surprise showing. And then, she said what caused those concerned looks.
The article goes on to state the following:
Instead, Warren delivered a plea for party unity, which she suggested could somehow be achieved in the middle of a deeply fractious nomination battle. The Democratic Party could be “headed for another one of those long primary fights that last for months,” she said. Battling between factions has “taken a sharp turn in recent weeks,” she noted, a development that threatens the future of the party. And then she said the solution was … Elizabeth Warren. “Our campaign is best positioned to beat Donald Trump in November — because we can unite our party.”
York notes that just three months ago, Warren led the polls in New Hampshire, but ever since “her trajectory has been down, down, down.”
Then Warren had a “lackluster finish in Iowa and did worse in New Hampshire,” York writes, and her “supporters still cannot figure out quite how it happened”… yet they “sense that she is now in a very difficult position” with no sign that she can turn things around.
York also said that the primary results in New Hampshire revealed the “the implosion of Joe Biden,” noting that he led the RealClearPolitics average of polls for the state as recently as Jan. 15.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Police told a mother her DNA would identify a dead relative. They arrested her son instead.
- REPORT: China makes allegation against U.S. over coronavirus outbreak
- VIDEO: Biden threatens gun manufacturers in fiery town hall speech
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Roger Stone greeted by chant after getting 40-month prison sentence
- VIDEO: Ex-ambassador responds to Biden’s claim of getting arrested in South Africa
- TRUMP TWEET: Shares hilarious edited video of himself holding ‘Mini Mike’
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- REPORT: Disney child star, 15, dies of brain tumor