OpEd: White House Report Card: Trump tariffs working, 2020 reelection looking difficult
This week’s White House Report Card finds President Trump buoyed by his tariff threat on Mexico working but Democratic attacks escalating. And new Zogby Analytics polling shows that he is in trouble in key swing states where former Vice President Joe Biden is polling well.
Compared to the previous week, this one was a pretty dull seven days for President Trump. His threats of tariffs on Mexican exports seemed to have worked to get our southern neighbor to — at long last — help reduce the surge of illegal aliens and his threats of more tariffs on Chinese goods were both positive developments. Some of his political problems this week were of his own making — such as his statement on accepting foreign information on political opponents — and some weren’t, such as the awful anti-Trump budget cobbled together by the House Armed Services Committee.
The article goes on to state the following:
The U.S. is no closer to a trade deal with China and something happened to an oil tanker in the Middle East. Did Iran attack it? U.S. intelligence says yes, Iran says no. We have been here before and these kinds of things if allowed to escalate do not end well.
Plus new Zogby Analytics polling confirms that the resident is in trouble for reelection in several battleground states.
READ THE FULL REPORT BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW:
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
NOTE FROM DML News: Tell Fox News to cut it out! DML News App Founder Dennis Michael Lynch explains how we can support Trump and tell Fox not to start leaning left! Watch:
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House