PHOTOS: Protests in Gaza over US Embassy opening in Jerusalem
The protests are underway in the Gaza region as Palestinians reject the reality that is about to unfold in Israel Monday.
The US and Israel will open the new US Embassy in Jerusalem on Monday. Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are in Israel to represent the United States.
Meanwhile, a top Russian diplomat has criticized U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to move the U.S Embassy to Jerusalem, saying it will further fuel tensions between Israel and the Palestinians.
The U.S. Embassy will officially relocate to Jerusalem after Trump recognized it as the capital of Israel in December.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov on Monday described the relocation of the embassy as “short-sighted.”
Bogdanov said in an interview with the Interfax news agency that the decision “runs against the stance of most of the international community.” He blamed the U.S. for “a sharp escalation around Gaza” and said the relocation of the U.S. embassy “could spark large-scale confrontations between Palestinians and the Israelis and cause a rising number of casualties.”
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: North Korea responds to Trump canceling summit (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Trump releases letter cancelling North Korea summit
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Comey’s taunt about grandchildren
- VIDEO: Trump’s response to new National Anthem policy sends Dems into orbit
- DML TV: Eerie blue flames in Hawaii raise new fears of explosions
- REPORT: Judge denies top news outlets access to sealed records in Mueller investigation
- VIDEO: Trump wants the ‘whole package’ in an immigration deal
- UPDATE: Evicted 30-year-old who ‘failed to launch’ gets job offer (Video)
- BREAKING: North Korea declares its nuclear test site closed after a ‘huge explosion’
- REPORT: Judge candidate dies 1 day after primary victory