PHOTOS: Protests in Gaza over US Embassy opening in Jerusalem
The protests are underway in the Gaza region as Palestinians reject the reality that is about to unfold in Israel Monday.
The US and Israel will open the new US Embassy in Jerusalem on Monday. Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are in Israel to represent the United States.
Meanwhile, a top Russian diplomat has criticized U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to move the U.S Embassy to Jerusalem, saying it will further fuel tensions between Israel and the Palestinians.
The U.S. Embassy will officially relocate to Jerusalem after Trump recognized it as the capital of Israel in December.
Russia’s Deputy Foreign Minister Mikhail Bogdanov on Monday described the relocation of the embassy as “short-sighted.”
Bogdanov said in an interview with the Interfax news agency that the decision “runs against the stance of most of the international community.” He blamed the U.S. for “a sharp escalation around Gaza” and said the relocation of the U.S. embassy “could spark large-scale confrontations between Palestinians and the Israelis and cause a rising number of casualties.”
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’