Plot thickens: DOJ is sifting through 10,000+ texts between fired FBI agent and lover
The DOJ is sifting through “over 10,000 texts” sent back and forth between Peter Strzok and Lisa Page — both FBI agents. Agent Strzok was removed from Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia for sending anti-Trump messages to Page.
According to Fox News, the DOJ is determining which texts are relevant, and will be handing them over to the House Intelligence Committee.
Strzok, who was an FBI counterintelligence agent, had worked on the Mueller probe, but was reassigned to the FBI’s human resources department after the discovery of anti-Trump text messages with Page, with whom he was having an affair. Page was briefly on Mueller’s team, but since has returned to the FBI.
It’s unclear whether a significant number of the 10,000 texts have anything to do with Trump or the probe itself.
According to the report, the amount of text messages will take “weeks” to sort through.
FROM FOX NEWS: The review process comes as the committee also threatens to move forward with a contempt resolution against top DOJ and FBI officials barring an imminent breakthrough — after the agencies did not comply with a deadline to hand over long-sought information that goes well beyond text messages.
Strzok is a focus of their efforts. House investigators have long regarded him as a key figure in the chain of events when the bureau, in 2016, received the infamous anti-Trump “dossier” and launched a counterintelligence investigation into Russian meddling in the election that ultimately came to encompass FISA surveillance of a Trump campaign associate.
For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)