POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s decision to pull out of the North Korea meeting?
Thursday morning, President Trump sent shock waves across the word by sending a letter cancelling the scheduled June 12 meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
The Huffington Post reported that only hours before Trump cancelled the meeting, North Korean officials had called Vice President Pence a “political dummy” and threatened to pull out of the summit themselves.
Trump wrote in his letter, “Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.”
Reactions are mixed, with some saying Trump did the right thing, and others saying he should have gone ahead with the meeting.
House Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi mocked President Trump, saying Kim Jong Un ended up the winner of this deal, and said the dictator “must be having a giggle fit right there in North Korea.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE’D LIKE YOUR OPINION.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rush to judgment? New details emerge on Native American elder’s standoff with MAGA-hat-wearing teens
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- REPORT: Plane makes emergency landing over poison concerns after passengers start ‘turning green,’ ‘suffocating’
- VIDEO: Liz Cheney: Pelosi ‘Commandeered’ The House On DACA Issue She’s Now Voting Against
- REPORT: Boy’s mother defends son after video of encounter with Native American man
- UPDATE: Thousands sign Catholic high school petition after students harass Native American man
- TRUMP TWEETS Pelosi and economy, DML responds
- REPORT: Jimmy Carter tells Dem Senator: ‘I hope you run for president’
- REPORT: Cardi B and Tomi Lahren get into Twitter fight over government shutdown, Ocasio-Cortez wades in
- REPORT: Longtime Dem to young congress members: ‘stop acting like young people’, Ocasio-Cortez responds