POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s decision to pull out of the North Korea meeting?
Thursday morning, President Trump sent shock waves across the word by sending a letter cancelling the scheduled June 12 meeting with North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un.
The Huffington Post reported that only hours before Trump cancelled the meeting, North Korean officials had called Vice President Pence a “political dummy” and threatened to pull out of the summit themselves.
Trump wrote in his letter, “Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting. Therefore, please let this letter serve to represent that the Singapore summit, for the good of both parties, but to the detriment of the world, will not take place. You talk about your nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.”
Reactions are mixed, with some saying Trump did the right thing, and others saying he should have gone ahead with the meeting.
House Minority Speaker Nancy Pelosi mocked President Trump, saying Kim Jong Un ended up the winner of this deal, and said the dictator “must be having a giggle fit right there in North Korea.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE’D LIKE YOUR OPINION.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: New Mexico compound mysteriously destroyed by authorities
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: ESPN makes announcement about national anthem for NFL games
- VIDEO: Chilling family videos emerge of murdered woman killed by husband
- VIDEO: Toddler recorded in family video praising the father accused of killing her
- REPORT: NYT gives estimate of tapes Omarosa believed to have in stash
- REPORT: Review of emails from DOJ’s Bruce Ohr reveals new details on dossier scandal
- BREAKING: Court deals another blow to Trump delay of an Obama regulation
- REPORT: Parkland shooter: Seven key facts hidden in the school district’s report
- BREAKING: Trump calls Justice official a ‘disgrace,’ vows to revoke clearance (Video)