POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s plan to withhold citizenship from immigrants who have ever been on welfare?
Monday morning, NBC reported that the Trump administration is “expected to issue a proposal in coming weeks that would make it harder for legal immigrants to become citizens or get green cards if they have ever used a range of popular public welfare programs, including Obamacare.”
President Trump has often said he wants a “merit-based” immigration system, instead of admitting so many immigrants who would be a burden to US taxpayers.
We are fighting hard for Merit Based immigration, no more Democrat Lottery Systems. We must get MUCH tougher (and smarter). @foxandfriends
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 1, 2017
In their report, NBC said, “based on a recent draft seen last week and described to NBC News, immigrants living legally in the U.S. who have ever used or whose household members have ever used Obamacare, children’s health insurance, food stamps and other benefits could be hindered from obtaining legal status in the U.S.”
Immigration advocates reportedly estimate the change could affect over 20 million immigrants in the US.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION!
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Netflix dumps comedian who attacked Sarah Sanders, Ivanka