POLL: Did the ‘anti-hate’ resolution chastise or empower Ilhan Omar?
Following backlash over anti-Semitic remarks made by Democratic Muslim congresswoman Ilhan Omar, the House passed a resolution on Thursday to address the matter.
However, 23 Republicans refused to vote for the measure, as it was watered down to include many other “forms of hatred,” along with anti-Semitism, and did not even mention Omar by name.
The resolution threw in condemnation against “white supremacists” for “targeting traditionally persecuted peoples, including African Americans, Native Americans, and other people of color, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, immigrants, and others with verbal attacks, incitement, and violence.”
Democrats later amended the bill to condemn any hatred against Latinos, Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders and the LGBTQ community.
Ilhan Omar, whose anti-Semitic remarks prompted the bill, voted for it herself, and later issued a statement, along with her fellow Muslim colleagues, Rashida Tlaib and Andrew Carson, applauding the measure as “great progress,” saying, “Today is historic on many fronts. It’s the first time we have voted on a resolution condemning Anti-Muslim bigotry in our nation’s history. Anti-Muslim crimes have increased 99% from 2014-2016 and are still on the rise.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Did the ‘anti-hate’ resolution chastise or simply empower Ilhan Omar?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson