POLL: Should AOC be investigated?
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has vowed to pass sweeping tax hikes on the wealthy. However, the freshman lawmaker and self-acclaimed socialist as her own unpaid tax bill problems to handle. AOC’s company Book Avenue Press, which she founded in in 2o12, owes $1,870.36 in corporate taxes to the state of New York.
The state targeted the Bronx company with a warrant on July 6, 2017, two months after Ocasio-Cortez announced her candidacy to run against Democratic incumbent Joe Crowley.
Ocasio-Cortez also recently signed on to a bill to tax stock trades. She has previously called for a 70 percent tax on incomes over $10 million in order to help finance the Green New Deal. At the same time, her campaign manager has been accused of breaking campaign finance laws by funneling PAC money.
AOC continues to get caught in situations that contradict her actions. Should the freshman Congresswoman be investigated for some of these accusations and financial issues?
Trending on DML News
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- REPORT: State House votes to expand number of medical professions allowed to perform abortions
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers