POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
After four weeks into a partial government shutdown, caused by a battle between President Trump’s request for $5.7 billion to fund a border wall, and Democrat leaders’ refusal to give it to him, the president made an announcement from the White House on Saturday.
In an effort to sweeten the deal for Democrats, President Trump offered to throw in a three-year extension of protected status for DACA recipients and TPS holders, including giving “dreamers” access to work permits and social security numbers, in exchange for his requested $5.7 billion to construct a steel barrier in “high priority areas” along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The president made no mention of implementing mandatory E-Verify, but said that “farmers and vineyards won’t be affected because lawful and regulated entry into our country will be easy and consistent.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already rejected it, stating that it does not include a “permanent solution” for the Dreamers and TPS recipients, and has already made it clear a border wall is a no-deal for her, period.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pledged to bring President Trump’s proposal to a vote next week.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you approve of President Trump’s proposal to grant protection to dreamers in exchange for a border wall?
Trending on DML News
- Mexico helicopter crash kills more than a dozen day after earthquake (pictures)
- DML TV
- BREAKING: President Trump is removing US Secret Service director
- VIDEO: State of the Union attendees sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to survivor of Holocaust, 2018 synagogue shooting
- REPORT: Pelosi announces next move on Mueller report: ‘Congress will not be silent’
- BREAKING: US intelligence accuses China of using student spies to steal secrets
- REPORT: Activist Actress: “I do not have equal rights… because I have a vagina”
- SHARE VIDEO: DML warns President Trump of another hidden cost of illegal immigration
- VIDEO: Colbert hits Trump after Mueller report over ‘I’m f***d’ statement
- Dan Bongino blasts out explosive Twitter Storm on FISA Abuse memo