POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
After four weeks into a partial government shutdown, caused by a battle between President Trump’s request for $5.7 billion to fund a border wall, and Democrat leaders’ refusal to give it to him, the president made an announcement from the White House on Saturday.
In an effort to sweeten the deal for Democrats, President Trump offered to throw in a three-year extension of protected status for DACA recipients and TPS holders, including giving “dreamers” access to work permits and social security numbers, in exchange for his requested $5.7 billion to construct a steel barrier in “high priority areas” along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The president made no mention of implementing mandatory E-Verify, but said that “farmers and vineyards won’t be affected because lawful and regulated entry into our country will be easy and consistent.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already rejected it, stating that it does not include a “permanent solution” for the Dreamers and TPS recipients, and has already made it clear a border wall is a no-deal for her, period.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pledged to bring President Trump’s proposal to a vote next week.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you approve of President Trump’s proposal to grant protection to dreamers in exchange for a border wall?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry