POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
After four weeks into a partial government shutdown, caused by a battle between President Trump’s request for $5.7 billion to fund a border wall, and Democrat leaders’ refusal to give it to him, the president made an announcement from the White House on Saturday.
In an effort to sweeten the deal for Democrats, President Trump offered to throw in a three-year extension of protected status for DACA recipients and TPS holders, including giving “dreamers” access to work permits and social security numbers, in exchange for his requested $5.7 billion to construct a steel barrier in “high priority areas” along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The president made no mention of implementing mandatory E-Verify, but said that “farmers and vineyards won’t be affected because lawful and regulated entry into our country will be easy and consistent.”
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already rejected it, stating that it does not include a “permanent solution” for the Dreamers and TPS recipients, and has already made it clear a border wall is a no-deal for her, period.
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pledged to bring President Trump’s proposal to a vote next week.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you approve of President Trump’s proposal to grant protection to dreamers in exchange for a border wall?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- BREAKING: President Trump announces nominee to replace Rod Rosenstein as Deputy AG
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Trump administration says its taking money back from California over dead-end rail project
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs