POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?

JANUARY 19, 2019

After four weeks into a partial government shutdown, caused by a battle between President Trump’s request for $5.7 billion to fund a border wall, and Democrat leaders’ refusal to give it to him, the president made an announcement from the White House on Saturday.

In an effort to sweeten the deal for Democrats, President Trump offered to throw in a three-year extension of protected status for DACA recipients and TPS holders, including giving “dreamers” access to work permits and social security numbers, in exchange for his requested $5.7 billion to construct a steel barrier in “high priority areas” along the U.S.-Mexico border.

The president made no mention of implementing mandatory E-Verify, but said that “farmers and vineyards won’t be affected because lawful and regulated entry into our country will be easy and consistent.”

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has already rejected it, stating that it does not include a “permanent solution” for the Dreamers and TPS recipients, and has already made it clear a border wall is a no-deal for her, period.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has pledged to bring President Trump’s proposal to a vote next week.

PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you approve of President Trump’s proposal to grant protection to dreamers in exchange for a border wall?

1. Northa Lisenby January 19th, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Actually my answer is HELL NO

2. Douglas Schmitt January 19th, 2019 at 6:37 pm

Don’t give the demorats anything cause they sure the hell wouldn’t give you anything

3. Rebecca January 19th, 2019 at 6:40 pm

I said undecided only because I knew dems would never except this compromise, I want all deported all are invaders daca smchaca, whatever u want to call them have been given the tools by American people, who had no say btw, they need to pack up and bring those tools back to their own country and work to build it. God willing all here illegally will be sent packing.

4. Sandra Thompson January 19th, 2019 at 6:40 pm

Same here HELL NO, When are we going to be put first? Whose country is it anyway?
    What are we going to do to save the country from being taken over?
    It’s happening fast right before our eyes.
    Many can’t make ends meet and yet our Tax Dollars are going to these illegals, they are have no rights, yet the Corrupt Democrats give them more rights than us.
    My son has 2 degrees and can’t make ends meet, no medical and can’t afford a car, yet I see illegals driving in nice cars, How and Why?
    I have become to really Hate these Democrats and these illegals that just take and take.
    When is Enough Enough? Because I’m done.

5. Suzanne January 19th, 2019 at 6:52 pm

I worked hard all my life and paid into SS and the government only gives me back a percentage of what was paid in, but these dreamers who have not had to pay into SS and now they will be given SS cards and be eligible for benefits isn’t fair. Their benefits shouldn’t be calculated any differently than ours! Besides who makes the determination of who is a dreamer? How do they prove they were brought here at a young age? WTH! Now it’s going to be another free for all surge to the boarder, Trump is pushing DACA. Again! Boarder wall and E-Verify! Then you can hash out DACA and make sure these dreamers don’t get treated better than the American citizens when it comes to SS benefits. And hey, you know they are voting already anyway so maybe the Big Blue Wave won’t be the end result..yeah wishful thinking, I know.

6. Katin January 19th, 2019 at 7:00 pm

Hell NO,

7. Katin January 19th, 2019 at 7:10 pm

Trump is trying to play nice, nicee with the demonrats. Go over their heads and do the national emergency thing

8. Shawn January 19th, 2019 at 7:47 pm

Stop asking her for a deal Mr President and make things happen in your own.

9. Patty January 19th, 2019 at 8:20 pm

If you thought President Trump thought for a moment Pelosi would take that you’re not on board . President Trump knows what he is doing and the Dems are going to look pretty bad and they already do. Hold on because it isn’t over !

10. Karen January 19th, 2019 at 8:56 pm

I put NO,NO.Americans first….
    Coo coo Pelosi can take them all to her home.She doesn’t care about Americans

11. Kathy January 19th, 2019 at 9:32 pm

I hope they turn it down so he can start deporting these people. He better start shifting on the pot or just get off. It’s going on way to long. Now make your move. To say nobody from the first caravan did not get into America is a bold faced lie. The second group are on their way in

12. Joanne Stevenson January 19th, 2019 at 10:57 pm

I have no words…just rage.

13. Sam January 19th, 2019 at 11:58 pm

It doesn’t matter. They won’t except anything
    Trump wants. They way or no way

14. Richard January 20th, 2019 at 8:42 am

I said yes though I don’t like the compromise. The Democrats did exactly what was expected, they turned it down. We need to emphasize the Democrat purposeful obstruction, it is now their government shutdown.

15. Ginny Moffat January 20th, 2019 at 1:13 pm

I voted NO TOO, and Most definitely Our President should’ve mentioned E-VERIFY!!!!