POLL: Do you believe the allegations against Rep. Jordan are a set-up?
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who was considered to be a likely replacement for House Speaker Paul Ryan, has suddenly been hit with allegations that he failed to report sexual misconduct of a team doctor at Ohio State University, during the team Jordan was an assistant coach in the 1990s.
Jordan, a solid conservative in Congress, has denied any knowledge of the claims against Dr. Richard Strauss, although a fifth former Ohio State University wrestler has now suddenly come forward claiming that Jordan was aware of the abuse.
In an interview on Fox News Friday night, Jordan insisted once again that if he had been aware of such abuse, he would have most certainly dealt with it. He also said the timing of the whole thing is suspect, just following the hearing with Rod Rosenstein, and discussions about the Speaker’s race.
Ryan issued a statement Friday, calling the allegations against Jordan “serious.”
“These are serious allegations and issues,” a spokesman for Ryan told USA Today in an email. “The university has rightfully initiated a full investigation into the matter. The speaker will await the findings of that inquiry.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is this just a set-up to bump Jordan from a possible role as House Speaker, or do you believe Jordan is lying?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- CLAIM: Conservative columnist: ‘I would take Obama back in a nanosecond’
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Benghazi Survivor Drops HOT FIRE After Hillary Attacks Trump For Not ‘Defending’ US Ambassadors