POLL: Do you believe the allegations against Rep. Jordan are a set-up?
Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), who was considered to be a likely replacement for House Speaker Paul Ryan, has suddenly been hit with allegations that he failed to report sexual misconduct of a team doctor at Ohio State University, during the team Jordan was an assistant coach in the 1990s.
Jordan, a solid conservative in Congress, has denied any knowledge of the claims against Dr. Richard Strauss, although a fifth former Ohio State University wrestler has now suddenly come forward claiming that Jordan was aware of the abuse.
In an interview on Fox News Friday night, Jordan insisted once again that if he had been aware of such abuse, he would have most certainly dealt with it. He also said the timing of the whole thing is suspect, just following the hearing with Rod Rosenstein, and discussions about the Speaker’s race.
Ryan issued a statement Friday, calling the allegations against Jordan “serious.”
“These are serious allegations and issues,” a spokesman for Ryan told USA Today in an email. “The university has rightfully initiated a full investigation into the matter. The speaker will await the findings of that inquiry.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is this just a set-up to bump Jordan from a possible role as House Speaker, or do you believe Jordan is lying?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- BREAKING: Axios drops bombshell claim on Rosenstein
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh