POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
The massive caravan that started off from Honduras approximately 10 days ago first numbered around 2,000 people, and has now reportedly swelled to at least 7,000 people, all determined to make the United States their new home.
The Guatemalan police couldn’t stop them, as they the broke down the barrier fence and stormed right on through the border.
The Mexican police couldn’t stop them. When police blocked off the bridge between Guatemala and Mexico, the migrants simply swam or rafted across the river and regrouped. Multiple roadblocks by the Mexican police proved futile, as the illegal caravan continued to grow in numbers and vowed to keep marching northward.
Former ICE Director Thomas Homan said in a Fox & Friends interview Monday morning that, unlike Mexican officials, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers based at official entry points and Border Patrol agents stationed between ports “won’t step aside or step back.”
“They will defend this line,” Homan declared.
President Trump said Monday morning that he has “alerted Border Patrol and Military” that this is a national emergency.
Sunday, Trump promised that if people don’t apply for asylum in Mexico first, the U.S. will “turn them away.”
Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Souther Border. People have to apply for asylum in Mexico first, and if they fail to do that, the U.S. will turn them away. The courts are asking the U.S. to do things that are not doable!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 21, 2018
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – Do you believe the thousands of illegal migrants coming to the U.S. will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet