POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
The massive caravan that started off from Honduras approximately 10 days ago first numbered around 2,000 people, and has now reportedly swelled to at least 7,000 people, all determined to make the United States their new home.
The Guatemalan police couldn’t stop them, as they the broke down the barrier fence and stormed right on through the border.
The Mexican police couldn’t stop them. When police blocked off the bridge between Guatemala and Mexico, the migrants simply swam or rafted across the river and regrouped. Multiple roadblocks by the Mexican police proved futile, as the illegal caravan continued to grow in numbers and vowed to keep marching northward.
Former ICE Director Thomas Homan said in a Fox & Friends interview Monday morning that, unlike Mexican officials, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers based at official entry points and Border Patrol agents stationed between ports “won’t step aside or step back.”
“They will defend this line,” Homan declared.
President Trump said Monday morning that he has “alerted Border Patrol and Military” that this is a national emergency.
Sunday, Trump promised that if people don’t apply for asylum in Mexico first, the U.S. will “turn them away.”
Full efforts are being made to stop the onslaught of illegal aliens from crossing our Souther Border. People have to apply for asylum in Mexico first, and if they fail to do that, the U.S. will turn them away. The courts are asking the U.S. to do things that are not doable!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 21, 2018
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – Do you believe the thousands of illegal migrants coming to the U.S. will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- VIDEO: Twitter philanthropist surprises disabled vet with new car after Trump re-tweeted him
- REPORT: 16 dog food brands may cause heart disease in pets, FDA warns
- REPORT: ‘Underage’ Migrant Sentenced for Murder of Teenager
- VIDEO: Detective describes disturbing evidence he gave Feds on Epstein
- REPORT: Ex-White House spokesperson joins Fox Corporation
- REPORT: CNN guest says GOP is responsible for Trump’s ‘racist’ and ‘un-American ideas’
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez calls for ‘9/11-style commission’ to investigate Trump family separation policy