POLL: Should Democrats replace Nancy Pelosi as their leader?
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has stated that she expects to be the next Speaker of the House if Democrats win back the majority in the November elections. However, many Democrats now are indicating they don’t want her back in that role.
The Hill reported the following:
The new American Barometer poll released Thursday by Hill.TV and HarrisX found that just 51 percent of Democrats surveyed think that House Democrats should keep Pelosi as their leader. Forty-nine percent said the caucus should pick a new leader.
Seventy-nine percent of independents said that Pelosi should be replaced, while 91 percent of Republicans said House Democrats should pick a new leader.
The dismal figures come as a number of Democratic candidates and incumbent members of the House refuse to say they will support Pelosi in a vote for the House Speakership.
In June, Politico reported that more than 20 Democratic House candidates have said they would not vote to elect Pelosi to be their party’s leader.
The declarations have raised real questions about whether Pelosi could secure the 218 votes needed on the House floor to become Speaker.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Should the Democrats keep Pelosi as their leader, or select someone else for the role?
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- VIDEO: Trump admits paying off mortgage in old video clip
- UPDATE: Colorado girls’ bodies were submerged in crude oil for 4 days
- REPORT: Kevin Spacey movie earns jaw-dropping meager amount on opening day
- REPORT: Over 70 former intel officers and leaders denounce Trump’s threat to revoke clearances
- REPORT: Ex-employee ‘whistleblower’ makes disturbing allegations against Tesla
- BREAKING: Trump lawyer cooperating, sharing details for Mueller probe
- REPORT: Military Judge issues stunning ruling on 9/11 Guantánamo detainees
- REPORT: U.S. special counsel recommends six months in prison for Papadopoulos
- REPORT: Netflix dumps comedian who attacked Sarah Sanders, Ivanka