POLL: Should Democrats replace Nancy Pelosi as their leader?
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi has stated that she expects to be the next Speaker of the House if Democrats win back the majority in the November elections. However, many Democrats now are indicating they don’t want her back in that role.
The Hill reported the following:
The new American Barometer poll released Thursday by Hill.TV and HarrisX found that just 51 percent of Democrats surveyed think that House Democrats should keep Pelosi as their leader. Forty-nine percent said the caucus should pick a new leader.
Seventy-nine percent of independents said that Pelosi should be replaced, while 91 percent of Republicans said House Democrats should pick a new leader.
The dismal figures come as a number of Democratic candidates and incumbent members of the House refuse to say they will support Pelosi in a vote for the House Speakership.
In June, Politico reported that more than 20 Democratic House candidates have said they would not vote to elect Pelosi to be their party’s leader.
The declarations have raised real questions about whether Pelosi could secure the 218 votes needed on the House floor to become Speaker.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Should the Democrats keep Pelosi as their leader, or select someone else for the role?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- Trump Tweets: Releases statement on unstoppable caravan
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens