POLL: Do you agree with Trump or Hannity on Cuomo outburst?
On Monday, CNN anchor Chris Cuomo got into a heated, profanity-laced argument after an individual referred to him as “Fredo,” a fictional character from “The Godfather.” The incident was caught on camera.
“Punk a– b—-es from the right call me Fredo,” Cuomo says to a man standing beside him. “My name is Chris Cuomo. I’m an anchor on CNN. Fredo is from ‘The Godfather.’ He was a weak brother and they use it as an Italian aspersion.”
Cuomo, who’s Italian, said term “Fredo” is a racist slur and compared it to calling an African American the N-word.
CNN defended Cuomo, as did Fox News host Sean Hannity.
“I say good for @ChrisCuomo,” Hannity wrote in a Monday tweet. “He’s out with his 9 year old daughter, and his wife, and this guy is being a jackass in front of his family. Imho Chris Cuomo has zero to apologize for. He deserves the apology.”
Many have criticized Cuomo for the rant, suggesting he should have taken the high road or used better language. President Donald J. Trump mocked Cuomo on Tuesday.
“I thought Chris was Fredo also,” Trump tweeted. “The truth hurts. Totally lost it! Low ratings @CNN.”
Trump later described Cuomo’s behavior as, “lunatic ranting, raving, & cursing” and criticized Republicans who defend badly behaving Democrats. “We never learn!” he wrote.
We ask you: Which camp are YOU in, Trump’s or Hannity’s?
A man in NY yesterday approached CNN’s Chris Cuomo and called him “Fredo”
Cuomo: “You’re going to have a problem”
Man: “What are you going to do about it?”
Cuomo: “I’ll fuckin ruin your shit. I’ll fucking throw you down these stairs”
Credit: “THAT’S THE POINT with Brandon” pic.twitter.com/4iWwzaSQpF
— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) August 13, 2019
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism