POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s stance on better background checks for gun owners?
While speaking to reporters Wednesday morning, President Trump said he is in favor of legislation that would impose better background checks for people seeking to own guns.
“I’m looking to do background checks,” the president told reporters. “I think background checks are important. I don’t want to put guns into the hands of mentally unstable people or people with rage or hate. Sick people. I’m all in favor of it.”
Democrats have called for bans on certain types of high powered weapons, but Trump acknowledged that most Republicans are opposed to that. However, he expressed confidence that he could persuade Republicans to support new background check legislation.
“I think there’s a great appetite to do something with regard to making sure mentally unstable, seriously ill people aren’t carrying guns, and I’ve never seen the appetite as strong as it is now,” he added. “I have not seen it with regards to certain types of weapons.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you agree with Trump’s stance on better background checks for gun owners?
Trending on DML News
- Ivanka ripped by liberal TV host for protecting her father (video)
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- REPORT: Alyssa Milano Makes Shocking Statements While Confessing Back-to-Back Abortions
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- BREAKING: Former WH spokesman Sean Spicer makes HUGE announcement on Good Morning America [VIDEO]
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez hits back at Jamie Dimon after Green New Deal criticism