POLL: Should families of Covington students file lawsuits against media outlets who defamed them?
A group of Catholic high school students had their lives upended after a video went viral from an incident that occurred while they were attending the March For Life event in Washington, D.C. last Friday.
The students have become the center of a national controversy after a video of them and a drum-beating Native American veteran has gone viral. The first video that emerged made it appear that the students were harassing the veteran, but a longer video emerged later which showed the Native American man had actually approached the students, beating his drum in their faces, while they did nothing wrong.
Many media outlets have now admitted they jumped to conclusions too fast, and have retracted their criticism of the students since the longer videos emerged which showed the situation in an entirely different light.
Due to the alarming number of threats against the school and death threats against the students, Covington High School completely closed on Tuesday.
One Covington senior student reportedly said that liberal activists are “calling the college admissions offices of universities that have accepted Covington Catholic students, urging them to rescind offers of admission.”
Los Angeles-based trial lawyer Robert Barnes tweeted on Sunday that he will represent the students for free if they want to sue the media outlets who defamed them.
— Robert Barnes (@Barnes_Law) January 20, 2019
PJ Media reported: Barnes told PJ Media that he was working with the families to sue the media outlets that defamed them.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should the families of the Covington students file a lawsuit against the media outlets who defamed and falsely accused them?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)