POLL: Should families of Covington students file lawsuits against media outlets who defamed them?
A group of Catholic high school students had their lives upended after a video went viral from an incident that occurred while they were attending the March For Life event in Washington, D.C. last Friday.
The students have become the center of a national controversy after a video of them and a drum-beating Native American veteran has gone viral. The first video that emerged made it appear that the students were harassing the veteran, but a longer video emerged later which showed the Native American man had actually approached the students, beating his drum in their faces, while they did nothing wrong.
Many media outlets have now admitted they jumped to conclusions too fast, and have retracted their criticism of the students since the longer videos emerged which showed the situation in an entirely different light.
Due to the alarming number of threats against the school and death threats against the students, Covington High School completely closed on Tuesday.
One Covington senior student reportedly said that liberal activists are “calling the college admissions offices of universities that have accepted Covington Catholic students, urging them to rescind offers of admission.”
Los Angeles-based trial lawyer Robert Barnes tweeted on Sunday that he will represent the students for free if they want to sue the media outlets who defamed them.
— Robert Barnes (@Barnes_Law) January 20, 2019
PJ Media reported: Barnes told PJ Media that he was working with the families to sue the media outlets that defamed them.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should the families of the Covington students file a lawsuit against the media outlets who defamed and falsely accused them?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: LA residents fed up with officials, demand change after homeless crisis spirals in city
- REPORT: Trump blasts Google over report of manipulated voters
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: Trump trolls with meme of Trump Tower in Greenland
- VIDEO: FEC chair: Trump is ‘damaging to our democracy’
- VIDEO: Conservative actor declares Trump the ‘greatest president of this century’
- UPDATE: HUD moves to crack down on undocumented immigrants in public housing
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry