POLL: Should it be a federal crime for local officials to refuse cooperation with ICE?
Ivan Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, an illegal alien from Mexico who killed a truck driver in a deadly and fiery hit-and-run crash in Denver on Sunday, March 4, was freed from jail by the Denver County Sheriff’s Office Saturday evening, after posting a meager $25,000 bond.
Zamarripa-Castaneda was wanted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but the sheriff’s office refused to honor the detainer, setting the killer free an hour before they notified ICE.
Fox News reported: The Denver County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement the 26-year-old posted a $25,000 bond on Saturday and was released from Denver’s Downtown Detention Center at 5:28 p.m.
The law enforcement agency said although the department alerted ICE in response to a request for release notification it received, that alert did not occur until 6:33 p.m.
Now ICE is left trying to find an illegal alien, now back on the streets, who was driving drunk, killed a truck driver and fled the scene, leaving the truck driver to die in the fiery explosion.
We want YOUR opinion. Should this be the last straw that forces “sanctuary city” law enforcement to start cooperating with ICE?
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Letter from paramedic at Texas border reveals another side to immigration issue
- UPDATE: Sarah Huckabee Sanders responds to being kicked out of restaurant
- BREAKING: Vinnie Paul, legendary Pantera drummer, dies at 54
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol agent contacts DML, shares unreported FACTS on issues at border
- REPORT: Five Charity Workers Kidnapped and Gang-Raped
- REPORT: Millennials have found a reason to be optimistic about Trump
- REPORT: Reviewers pounce on online report that Virginia restaurant refused to serve Sarah Huckabee Sanders
- REPORT: Kathy Griffin teams up with Stormy Daniels to send vulgar message to Trump (PICTURE)
- Trump Tweet: ‘OBAMA KEPT THEM IN CAGES, WRAPPED IN FOIL’
- UPDATE: Prosecution decision reached for five teens who laughed at and mocked a man as he drowned