POLL: Should it be a federal crime for local officials to refuse cooperation with ICE?
Ivan Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, an illegal alien from Mexico who killed a truck driver in a deadly and fiery hit-and-run crash in Denver on Sunday, March 4, was freed from jail by the Denver County Sheriff’s Office Saturday evening, after posting a meager $25,000 bond.
Zamarripa-Castaneda was wanted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but the sheriff’s office refused to honor the detainer, setting the killer free an hour before they notified ICE.
Fox News reported: The Denver County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement the 26-year-old posted a $25,000 bond on Saturday and was released from Denver’s Downtown Detention Center at 5:28 p.m.
The law enforcement agency said although the department alerted ICE in response to a request for release notification it received, that alert did not occur until 6:33 p.m.
Now ICE is left trying to find an illegal alien, now back on the streets, who was driving drunk, killed a truck driver and fled the scene, leaving the truck driver to die in the fiery explosion.
We want YOUR opinion. Should this be the last straw that forces “sanctuary city” law enforcement to start cooperating with ICE?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations