POLL: Should it be a federal crime for local officials to refuse cooperation with ICE?
Ivan Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, an illegal alien from Mexico who killed a truck driver in a deadly and fiery hit-and-run crash in Denver on Sunday, March 4, was freed from jail by the Denver County Sheriff’s Office Saturday evening, after posting a meager $25,000 bond.
Zamarripa-Castaneda was wanted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, but the sheriff’s office refused to honor the detainer, setting the killer free an hour before they notified ICE.
Fox News reported: The Denver County Sheriff’s Office said in a statement the 26-year-old posted a $25,000 bond on Saturday and was released from Denver’s Downtown Detention Center at 5:28 p.m.
The law enforcement agency said although the department alerted ICE in response to a request for release notification it received, that alert did not occur until 6:33 p.m.
Now ICE is left trying to find an illegal alien, now back on the streets, who was driving drunk, killed a truck driver and fled the scene, leaving the truck driver to die in the fiery explosion.
We want YOUR opinion. Should this be the last straw that forces “sanctuary city” law enforcement to start cooperating with ICE?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Jailhouse video shows deputies watching and laughing as inmate dies
- Trump Tweets: Hannity and the Witch Hunt!
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Trey Gowdy warns Trump not to fire Mueller (video)
- Comey’s book, not even out yet, hits major milestone
- REPORT: Facebook’s lack of leadership could sink the company
- POLL: Do you accept Hillary’s explanation for making comments about Trump voters
- BREAKING: Woman killed by self-driving Uber car (video)