POLL: Could an Independent win the presidency?
A few third party candidates usually make a run for the Oval Office every time a presidential election is held, but they are never taken seriously and never gain any real traction.
However, it is widely believed that a large majority of Americans are actually “in the middle” on political issues, and talks of potential Independent candidates are growing louder.
Former Starbucks Chairman/CEO Howard Schultz has been weighing a possible 2020 run as an Independent, and quietly building a political team.
“The failed political class of Washington, D.C., has broken America’s political system. And out of that are rising political extremes on both sides. President Trump is one extreme and on the other side is a vitriolic undermining of the American free enterprise system,” Schultz tweeted on Saturday.
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban also indicated in an interview Monday night that he has not ruled out running for president, and would run as an Independent if he chooses to jump into the race.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! Could an Independent win the presidency? Would Republicans actually vote for an Independent candidate?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video