POLL: Is Omar’s life in danger?
Freshman Democratic Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) has been heavily criticized after a glib reference to the 9/11 terror attacks, laughing about the way people react to the mention of Al-Qaeda, telling Muslims to”…raise hell. Make people uncomfortable”, and other controversial statements.
Last week, President Donald J. Trump tweeted a video referencing Omar’s 9/11 comments, in which she referred to the attack as “something some people did.”
Along with Trump, many conservatives have denounced Omar’s comments, prompting a backlash from Democrats like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY), 2020 hopefuls Sen. Cory Booker (NJ), Beto O’Rourke and many others, who insist that Omar’s life is now in danger.
Sunday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.) said she spoke with the Sergeant at Arms of the House to ensure Omar’s safety, saying “Following the president’s tweet, I spoke with the Sergeant-at-Arms to ensure that Capitol Police are conducting a security assessment to safeguard Congresswoman Omar, her family and her staff. They will continue to monitor and address the threats she faces.”
We ask you, do you believe Omar’s life is in danger?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake