POLL: Was Judge Jeanine Pirro wrong in her remarks about Ilhan Omar?
Judge Jeanine Pirro has been blasted by her remarks about Muslim Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on her show Saturday evening, in which she questioned if Omar’s custom of wearing a hijab was an adherence to Sharia law.
Pirro said Omar’s anti-Israel stance isn’t a part of the Democratic Party, and asked, if it’s not rooted in the party, where is she getting it from? “Think about it. Omar wears a hijab… Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the US Constitution?”
Pirro noted that it is disturbing if Omar is someone who is “Sharia-compliant.”
Fox News hurriedly condemned the comment, saying Pirro’s remarks “do not reflect those of the network and we have addressed the matter with her directly.”
Pirro was then forced to release a statement, in which she said, “I did not call Rep. Omar un-American. My intention was to ask a question and start a debate, but of course because one is Muslim does not mean you don’t support the Constitution.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do YOU believe Omar’s custom of wearing a hijab is done in order to comply with Sharia law?
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: White House Communications Director suddenly resigns
- Footage of NY legislator’s embarrassing traffic stop released to the public (VIDEO)
- REPORT: CNN host calls Benghazi scandal a ‘sham’ during debate on Mueller probe
- REPORT: Buttigieg blasts ‘hypocrisy’ of evangelicals for supporting Trump
- REVEALED: Rashida Tlaib wrote column for Anti-Semitic publication in 2006
- VIDEO: Buttigieg brandishes his military service to smack Trump as a draft dodger
- BREAKING: Google employee, 22, found dead inside NYC headquarters
- DML TV: President Trump and first lady Melania participate in event honoring military mothers
- The eye-opening list of donors to the Clinton Foundation (list)