POLL: Was Judge Jeanine Pirro wrong in her remarks about Ilhan Omar?
Judge Jeanine Pirro has been blasted by her remarks about Muslim Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on her show Saturday evening, in which she questioned if Omar’s custom of wearing a hijab was an adherence to Sharia law.
Pirro said Omar’s anti-Israel stance isn’t a part of the Democratic Party, and asked, if it’s not rooted in the party, where is she getting it from? “Think about it. Omar wears a hijab… Is her adherence to this Islamic doctrine indicative of her adherence to Sharia law, which in itself is antithetical to the US Constitution?”
Pirro noted that it is disturbing if Omar is someone who is “Sharia-compliant.”
Fox News hurriedly condemned the comment, saying Pirro’s remarks “do not reflect those of the network and we have addressed the matter with her directly.”
Pirro was then forced to release a statement, in which she said, “I did not call Rep. Omar un-American. My intention was to ask a question and start a debate, but of course because one is Muslim does not mean you don’t support the Constitution.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do YOU believe Omar’s custom of wearing a hijab is done in order to comply with Sharia law?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson