POLL: Is the media partly to blame for the growing anti-police sentiment in America?
Following a shooting in Houston, Texas Monday night, in which 5 police offers were injured, with two left in critical condition, Houston Police Union President Joe Gamaldi lashed out in outrage.
“I want to speak on behalf of the 5,200 brave men and women of the Houston Police Department, and the other 800,000 police officers that are working the streets every single day, putting their lives on the line. We are sick and tired of having targets on our back,” he said.
“We are sick and tired of having dirtbags trying to take our lives, when all we’re trying to do is protect this community and protect our families. Enough is enough,” he continued. “And if you’re the ones out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, well just know, we’ve got your number now and we’re going to be keeping track of you all, and we’re going to hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers!”
Gamaldi doubled down on Wednesday, saying the “talking heads” in the media and the activists are partly responsible for the growing anti-police sentiment.
“I’m talking to the talking heads on some of these mainstream media outlets,” he stated. “I’m talking to the activists who have severely … just made our officers the enemy. They have put targets on our backs. The statistics show it. We have seen 50-percent increase from 2013 to 2016 in officers being killed by gunfire.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is the media partly responsible for the growing anti-police rhetoric and disrespect of law enforcement?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)