POLL: Is the media partly to blame for the growing anti-police sentiment in America?
Following a shooting in Houston, Texas Monday night, in which 5 police offers were injured, with two left in critical condition, Houston Police Union President Joe Gamaldi lashed out in outrage.
“I want to speak on behalf of the 5,200 brave men and women of the Houston Police Department, and the other 800,000 police officers that are working the streets every single day, putting their lives on the line. We are sick and tired of having targets on our back,” he said.
“We are sick and tired of having dirtbags trying to take our lives, when all we’re trying to do is protect this community and protect our families. Enough is enough,” he continued. “And if you’re the ones out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, well just know, we’ve got your number now and we’re going to be keeping track of you all, and we’re going to hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers!”
Gamaldi doubled down on Wednesday, saying the “talking heads” in the media and the activists are partly responsible for the growing anti-police sentiment.
“I’m talking to the talking heads on some of these mainstream media outlets,” he stated. “I’m talking to the activists who have severely … just made our officers the enemy. They have put targets on our backs. The statistics show it. We have seen 50-percent increase from 2013 to 2016 in officers being killed by gunfire.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Is the media partly responsible for the growing anti-police rhetoric and disrespect of law enforcement?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet