POLL: Would ‘Medicare for all’ cause many doctors to leave the healthcare industry?
The “Medicare for all” battlecry suddenly became a lot louder this week, after Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) announced she is officially running for president, and declared that, if elected, she would totally eliminate private healthcare insurance, in favor of a single-payer health insurance system.
“Well, listen, the idea is that everyone gets access to medical care. And you don’t have to go through the process of going through an insurance company, having them give you approval, going through the paperwork, all of the delay that may require,” Harris said at a town hall in Iowa Monday night.
“Who among us has not had that situation?” she continued. “Where you got to wait for approval, and the doctor says, ‘Well I don’t know if your insurance company is going to cover this.’ Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on.”
“Access to healthcare should not be thought of as a privilege, it should be a right that all people are entitled to,” Harris said.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If all private healthcare insurance is eliminated, and all American citizens are forced into a federally-funded “Medicare for all” system, will this result in many doctors leaving the healthcare industry completely, or will more people join the healthcare industry?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)