POLL: Would ‘Medicare for all’ cause many doctors to leave the healthcare industry?
The “Medicare for all” battlecry suddenly became a lot louder this week, after Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) announced she is officially running for president, and declared that, if elected, she would totally eliminate private healthcare insurance, in favor of a single-payer health insurance system.
“Well, listen, the idea is that everyone gets access to medical care. And you don’t have to go through the process of going through an insurance company, having them give you approval, going through the paperwork, all of the delay that may require,” Harris said at a town hall in Iowa Monday night.
“Who among us has not had that situation?” she continued. “Where you got to wait for approval, and the doctor says, ‘Well I don’t know if your insurance company is going to cover this.’ Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on.”
“Access to healthcare should not be thought of as a privilege, it should be a right that all people are entitled to,” Harris said.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If all private healthcare insurance is eliminated, and all American citizens are forced into a federally-funded “Medicare for all” system, will this result in many doctors leaving the healthcare industry completely, or will more people join the healthcare industry?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry