POLL: Would ‘Medicare for all’ cause many doctors to leave the healthcare industry?
The “Medicare for all” battlecry suddenly became a lot louder this week, after Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) announced she is officially running for president, and declared that, if elected, she would totally eliminate private healthcare insurance, in favor of a single-payer health insurance system.
“Well, listen, the idea is that everyone gets access to medical care. And you don’t have to go through the process of going through an insurance company, having them give you approval, going through the paperwork, all of the delay that may require,” Harris said at a town hall in Iowa Monday night.
“Who among us has not had that situation?” she continued. “Where you got to wait for approval, and the doctor says, ‘Well I don’t know if your insurance company is going to cover this.’ Let’s eliminate all of that. Let’s move on.”
“Access to healthcare should not be thought of as a privilege, it should be a right that all people are entitled to,” Harris said.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION! If all private healthcare insurance is eliminated, and all American citizens are forced into a federally-funded “Medicare for all” system, will this result in many doctors leaving the healthcare industry completely, or will more people join the healthcare industry?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet