POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?
President Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, made his first public comments in an exclusive interview to ABC News Friday morning, after being sentenced earlier this week to three years in prison for financial crimes, lying to Congress, and two campaign finance violations.
Cohen told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that he is “done with lying” and is now telling the truth about his dealings with President Donald Trump.
The alleged “campaign finance violations” were in regards to hush money payments to two women who say they had affairs with Trump years ago.
“I knew what I was doing was wrong,” Cohen Stephanopoulos. “I stood up before the world and I accepted the responsibility for my actions.”
Stephanopoulos asked, “So what do you say to people — and you know there are a lot of people will be watching who are thinking, “But wait a second, he lied for so long why should we believe him now?” What’s the answer to that?”
Stephanopoulos reminded Cohen, “But you pleaded guilty to lying to Congress.” When Cohen answered “yes,” Stephanopoulos asked, “So why should we believe you now?”
Cohen responded, “Because the special counsel stated emphatically that the information that I gave to them is credible and helpful. There is a substantial amount of information that they possessed that corroborates the fact that I am telling the truth.”
“I am done with the lying,” Cohen said. “I am done being loyal to President Trump.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you believe Cohen is telling the truth?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- BREAKING: Pelosi breaks her silence, accuses Trump of outing trip, putting her in danger (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump