POLL: Is Michael Cohen telling the truth?
President Trump’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, made his first public comments in an exclusive interview to ABC News Friday morning, after being sentenced earlier this week to three years in prison for financial crimes, lying to Congress, and two campaign finance violations.
Cohen told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that he is “done with lying” and is now telling the truth about his dealings with President Donald Trump.
The alleged “campaign finance violations” were in regards to hush money payments to two women who say they had affairs with Trump years ago.
“I knew what I was doing was wrong,” Cohen Stephanopoulos. “I stood up before the world and I accepted the responsibility for my actions.”
Stephanopoulos asked, “So what do you say to people — and you know there are a lot of people will be watching who are thinking, “But wait a second, he lied for so long why should we believe him now?” What’s the answer to that?”
Stephanopoulos reminded Cohen, “But you pleaded guilty to lying to Congress.” When Cohen answered “yes,” Stephanopoulos asked, “So why should we believe you now?”
Cohen responded, “Because the special counsel stated emphatically that the information that I gave to them is credible and helpful. There is a substantial amount of information that they possessed that corroborates the fact that I am telling the truth.”
“I am done with the lying,” Cohen said. “I am done being loyal to President Trump.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Do you believe Cohen is telling the truth?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Omar Holding Secret Fundraisers with Islamic Groups Tied to Terror
- VIDEO: Fox News correspondent: Trump ‘glared at me like I’ve never seen him glare at me before’
- EXCLUSIVE: Schumer and Pelosi release joint statement about Mueller report (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Beto O’Rourke questioned by Afghanistan vet as aides drag him away
- REPORT: Parkland shooting survivor takes her own life
- EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Grassley releases statement, with warning, about the end of Mueller’s investigation
- VIDEO: Rep. Eric Swalwell: Trump will still have “indictments waiting for him” when he leaves office
- POLL: Was the Mueller investigation a ‘witch hunt’?
- EXCLUSIVE: Effort to push back on the rising socialist agenda is catching fire
- VIDEO: Middle Eastern Women’s Group Blasts Fox News Over Dumping Judge Jeanine