POLL: Is Mitt Romney positioning himself to primary Trump?
Incoming US Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) wrote a scathing op-ed in The Washington Post Tuesday evening. The op-ed rips into Trump and his entire presidency.
The president was slammed by Romney for being a name caller and not rising up to the level of performance required by the leader of the free world. He tore into some of Trump’s Cabinet appointments and criticized the president’s behavior throughout the month of December.
Trump struck back at Romney Wednesday morning with a tweet. He questioned whether Romney was going to be a “Flake”, a snide reference to GOP Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) who often lashed out at Trump and his tweets. Trump told Romney to “be a team player.”
DML News founder, Dennis Michael Lynch tweeted to the president Wednesday stating he believes Romney’s op-ed is another sign that the GOP plans to primary Trump in 2020. DML suggested that Romney may be positioning himself as a potential opponent.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump cancelling Pelosi’s foreign trip?
- Trump Tweets: Disputed BuzzFeed report and ‘a son that loves his dad’
- REPORT: Trump administration issues stricter rules on travel for lawmakers
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- TRUMP TWEET: Makes first public statement on cancelled Pelosi trip
- REPORT: Federal raids underway throughout Indianapolis
- BREAKING: Supreme Court scraps arguments on Trump census appeal
- REPORT: Bush calls on Trump, Democrats to ‘put politics aside’ and end the shutdown (picture)
- EXCLUSIVE: DML rips into five Democrats on Twitter
- REPORT: Poll: Voters in red state view Pelosi more favorably than Trump