POLL: Is Mitt Romney positioning himself to primary Trump?
Incoming US Senator Mitt Romney (R-UT) wrote a scathing op-ed in The Washington Post Tuesday evening. The op-ed rips into Trump and his entire presidency.
The president was slammed by Romney for being a name caller and not rising up to the level of performance required by the leader of the free world. He tore into some of Trump’s Cabinet appointments and criticized the president’s behavior throughout the month of December.
Trump struck back at Romney Wednesday morning with a tweet. He questioned whether Romney was going to be a “Flake”, a snide reference to GOP Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) who often lashed out at Trump and his tweets. Trump told Romney to “be a team player.”
DML News founder, Dennis Michael Lynch tweeted to the president Wednesday stating he believes Romney’s op-ed is another sign that the GOP plans to primary Trump in 2020. DML suggested that Romney may be positioning himself as a potential opponent.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday