POLL: Was the “Pelosi Clap” Meant to Demean Trump? (video)

FEBRUARY 10, 2019

The #Pelosiclap is trending on social media, and U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Cali., clapping at State of the Union has become a viral meme as many saw her applause as a sarcastic response to President Donald J. Trump’s words. Yet Pelosi claims the applause was genuine.

“It wasn’t sarcastic,” Pelosi reportedly told reporters. “Look at what I was applauding. I wanted him to know that it was very welcomed.”

Pelosi was applauding Trump as he denounced “the politics of revenge, resistance and retribution,” and called for everyone to embrace the “cooperation, compromise, and the common good.”

While Pelosi insists that the applause was well deserved, Pelosi’s daughter Christine shared a photo of the clap on Twitter with the caption, “oh yes that clap took me back to the teen years. She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap.”

Then on Friday, recreated the moment on camera while hanging out with singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom at the MusiCares gala in Los Angeles.

We ask you, watch the video below, then answer: Do you think Pelosi’s clap was genuine or was she mocking Trump?

1. Linda allen February 10th, 2019 at 1:31 pm

She did not mean for it as a complement, I think she was saying, well you won one this time.

2. Jeanne Lewis February 10th, 2019 at 1:44 pm

If she hadn’t recreated it to her hollyweird friends I “might” think it was genuine? But since she did, I can only assume she was MOCKING him!
    This is what she does all the the time, check all her comments from the last 2 years. From beginning to end , her tone is always full of mockery for our WONDERFUL POTUS!

3. Mike Merker February 10th, 2019 at 1:45 pm

Then to re-enact it with Hollywood trolls shows that she has the maturity of a 12 year old and not that of a person 3rd in line for the presidency of which she is unfit.

4. Shirley Anne Blanchard February 10th, 2019 at 1:47 pm

My feeling at first. I think, in her own mind, she claps to make his remark about the goal of the Dems, not the Repubs. In reality though, he’s talking about what Repubs want for all.

5. Ray B Stewart February 10th, 2019 at 2:01 pm

Hey Dennis, how about wording your poll question the same as the headline.

6. Mars February 10th, 2019 at 2:36 pm

I think the snarky smirk answers the question and who better to know it was sarcasm than her own daughter.

7. Katin February 10th, 2019 at 3:17 pm

My first thought when I saw it, was she was disrespectful clapping like that. This women is an evil barracuda

8. Andrea February 10th, 2019 at 3:43 pm

To me that look says, “Go ahead sucker. Make my day.”. And anyway her applauding his statement would be hypocrisy at it’s best.

9. Harold L. Barlett February 11th, 2019 at 8:52 am

This woman is evil incarnate!