POLL: Was the “Pelosi Clap” Meant to Demean Trump? (video)
The #Pelosiclap is trending on social media, and U.S. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Cali., clapping at State of the Union has become a viral meme as many saw her applause as a sarcastic response to President Donald J. Trump’s words. Yet Pelosi claims the applause was genuine.
“It wasn’t sarcastic,” Pelosi reportedly told reporters. “Look at what I was applauding. I wanted him to know that it was very welcomed.”
Pelosi was applauding Trump as he denounced “the politics of revenge, resistance and retribution,” and called for everyone to embrace the “cooperation, compromise, and the common good.”
While Pelosi insists that the applause was well deserved, Pelosi’s daughter Christine shared a photo of the clap on Twitter with the caption, “oh yes that clap took me back to the teen years. She knows. And she knows that you know. And frankly she’s disappointed that you thought this would work. But here’s a clap.”
Then on Friday, recreated the moment on camera while hanging out with singer Katy Perry and actor Orlando Bloom at the MusiCares gala in Los Angeles.
We ask you, watch the video below, then answer: Do you think Pelosi’s clap was genuine or was she mocking Trump?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190