POLL: Did poster displayed at W.V. statehouse linking Omar to 9/11 cross a line?
A poster on display as part of a “Republicans Take the Rotunda” event at the West Virginia statehouse has sparked controversy.
The poster compared Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) to 9/11 terrorists. It displayed with the Twin Towers in flames under the words, “‘Never forget’ – you said..” Then, below a photo of Omar, it said, “I am the proof — you have forgotten.”
It prompted an argument between lawmakers resulting in a physical injury, according to an NBC report. One person resigned as well. The freshman Democrat herself spoke out against the poster, saying on Twitter, “No wonder why I am on the ‘Hitlist’ of a domestic terrorist and “Assassinate Ilhan Omar” is written on my local gas stations. Look no further, the GOP’s anti-Muslim display likening me to a terrorist rocks in state capitols and no one is condemning them!”
We ask you to take a look at the poster below, then tell us: Was this poster in bad taste?
— The Hill (@thehill) March 2, 2019
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- BREAKING: Top Obama economic adviser dies suddenly at 58
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- REPORT: Actor who fought AGAINST ISIS is having trouble gaining re-entry to U.S.
- REPORT: RNC Addresses Omar’s Op-Ed Calling For A ‘Two-State Solution’
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson