POLL: Should President Trump accept a border security deal if it’s less than what he originally requested?
President Trump had requested $5.7 billion in order to build a 234-mile long steel barrier along the U.S-Mexico border.
However, according to various reports of a border security package being drafted by a bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers, only a fraction of what Trump has requested will be included in the final proposal.
“I’ve seen the Democratic and the latest Republican offer … I can tell you this for sure, it’s not 5.7 billion dollars for a wall; it’s not anywhere close,” stated Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democratic member of the special committee.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had earlier declared she would not give $1 for the border wall, but reportedly, a compromise of around $1.6 billion is expected to be included.
The committee is continuing to work over the weekend, and is expected to present their final proposal as early as Monday.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
If the deal includes $1.6 billion, instead of the $5.7 billion President Trump requested, should he go ahead and take it?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials