POLL: Should President Trump accept a border security deal if it’s less than what he originally requested?
President Trump had requested $5.7 billion in order to build a 234-mile long steel barrier along the U.S-Mexico border.
However, according to various reports of a border security package being drafted by a bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers, only a fraction of what Trump has requested will be included in the final proposal.
“I’ve seen the Democratic and the latest Republican offer … I can tell you this for sure, it’s not 5.7 billion dollars for a wall; it’s not anywhere close,” stated Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democratic member of the special committee.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had earlier declared she would not give $1 for the border wall, but reportedly, a compromise of around $1.6 billion is expected to be included.
The committee is continuing to work over the weekend, and is expected to present their final proposal as early as Monday.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
If the deal includes $1.6 billion, instead of the $5.7 billion President Trump requested, should he go ahead and take it?
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments