POLL: Should President Trump accept a border security deal if it’s less than what he originally requested?
President Trump had requested $5.7 billion in order to build a 234-mile long steel barrier along the U.S-Mexico border.
However, according to various reports of a border security package being drafted by a bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers, only a fraction of what Trump has requested will be included in the final proposal.
“I’ve seen the Democratic and the latest Republican offer … I can tell you this for sure, it’s not 5.7 billion dollars for a wall; it’s not anywhere close,” stated Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar, a Democratic member of the special committee.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had earlier declared she would not give $1 for the border wall, but reportedly, a compromise of around $1.6 billion is expected to be included.
The committee is continuing to work over the weekend, and is expected to present their final proposal as early as Monday.
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION.
If the deal includes $1.6 billion, instead of the $5.7 billion President Trump requested, should he go ahead and take it?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against creeping socialism in America
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)