POLL: Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the border wall?
Speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting Friday, President Trump indicated that he is fully expecting that the bipartisan committee tasked with drafting a border security package will never be able to agree on funding for a border wall.
“We will be looking at a national emergency, because I don’t think anything’s going to happen. I think the Democrats don’t want border security,” the president said.
President Trump said about 115 miles of border wall currently under construction will soon be completed, using money they already have on hand, but said he can see “we’re not going to get anywhere with the Democrats.”
The president then said to be sure and watch his State of the Union address, implying more news would be released about the wall or a potential national emergency at that time.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have repeatedly vowed they will not give any money for a border wall, saying the wall is “immoral.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump literally declare a national emergency in order to get the money for a border wall?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
- REPORT: Mexican troops drew weapons on American soldiers on US side of the border
- VIDEO: Fox News Contributor Says Hillary ‘Gave’ Russians Money During 2016 Campaign
- About (ratings)
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet