POLL: Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the border wall?
Speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting Friday, President Trump indicated that he is fully expecting that the bipartisan committee tasked with drafting a border security package will never be able to agree on funding for a border wall.
“We will be looking at a national emergency, because I don’t think anything’s going to happen. I think the Democrats don’t want border security,” the president said.
President Trump said about 115 miles of border wall currently under construction will soon be completed, using money they already have on hand, but said he can see “we’re not going to get anywhere with the Democrats.”
The president then said to be sure and watch his State of the Union address, implying more news would be released about the wall or a potential national emergency at that time.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have repeatedly vowed they will not give any money for a border wall, saying the wall is “immoral.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump literally declare a national emergency in order to get the money for a border wall?
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry