POLL: Should President Trump declare a national emergency to build the border wall?
Speaking to reporters during a cabinet meeting Friday, President Trump indicated that he is fully expecting that the bipartisan committee tasked with drafting a border security package will never be able to agree on funding for a border wall.
“We will be looking at a national emergency, because I don’t think anything’s going to happen. I think the Democrats don’t want border security,” the president said.
President Trump said about 115 miles of border wall currently under construction will soon be completed, using money they already have on hand, but said he can see “we’re not going to get anywhere with the Democrats.”
The president then said to be sure and watch his State of the Union address, implying more news would be released about the wall or a potential national emergency at that time.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer have repeatedly vowed they will not give any money for a border wall, saying the wall is “immoral.”
PLEASE TAKE OUR POLL BELOW – WE WANT YOUR OPINION. Should President Trump literally declare a national emergency in order to get the money for a border wall?
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)